all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Skill practice/time to kill

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Halfakneecap

Level 6 Valued Member
People, I am starting a new job soon and will be able to consistently train every week ( going to Mon to Fri after 20 yrs of shift work )

The thing is, I get up very early and will have at least 90 mins on my gym days. I don’t rush but I’m usually done in an hour. Instead of walking on the treadmill, I’d like to kill time with snatch practice. But, it can’t interfere with my main focus, which is Strong, twice a week, with Swing hard twice a week.

My question is around volume. I will be using a lightish weight and was thinking of keeping it to no more than 10 reps per side, singles. Mainly focusing on technique and learning the drop. I have no issue getting the bell overhead, but the drop eludes me so far. I can do C&P no problem but the snatch drop, even with light weight is a bit of a mind warp.

Thoughts ?

Try it.

If it's too much, do less.

I do about 5-10 minutes of weightlifting technique drills using an empty bar even if I'm not going to do any weightlifting-specific training that day. It doesn't seem to have a negative impact.

I have no issue getting the bell overhead, but the drop eludes me so far.
1. Video?

2. Do what we call a half snatch - lower to the rack position first, then continue on as you would a clean with the drop. Video of that, too, would be helpful to see.

-S-

Did some getups this morning, which I haven’t done in a while and finished with 5x5 single arm snatches ( from the rack ) afterwards. Some good reps, and some bad reps but it was good practice I think. I think my form is better going from rack to drop, but I will keep practicing. I don’t think my form is terrible, but it definitely needs work.

When I do some practice at home, I’ll video it. I’m not, and never will, video myself at the gym haha.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom