all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Skin the Cat and Work-In-Progress Front Lever

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Is this you 305pelusa? That Front Lever looks really good it looks very full of tension and correct form.

How long does it take to get that?
Yeah it's me. Thanks haha.

I've been doing FL work for many years. Even got some ugly holds. But I truly started doing dedicated, concentrated work towards a good one on 12/7/2015 (had to look back on notebook to find that). I had an Advanced Tuck FL max of 18 seconds then so certainly no beginner but also pretty far.

What's funny is that even though I'm much stronger now and can hold the full FL the way I like it, my Advanced Tuck FL max is still probably not that much better than 18 seconds. I wasted many workouts with Tuck FLs and Adv. Tuck FLs trying to get them to 30 or 60 sec maxes (because that's what everyone told me to do). Turns out, high rep easy stuff doesn't carry over to low rep hard stuff. It's so obvious now lol.

Don't you live in Boston btw???

I do live in Boston near the Splanade how about you?
tf I live by the Kenmore area. I remembered you were around the city. I'll PM you dude. We gotta train together.

Your looking for muscle and strength gains so same goals.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Neat to connect with fellow calisthenics trainees.

I don't do these regularly any more because I'm focused on my competition DL until the end of June, but they still feel great to do a few days a week.

I also haven't taken the advice of @pet', @305pelusa, and others to work on my Front Lever with only one leg out. I'm getting a _little_ closer to parallel, and since this is something I get a couple of reps a week only, I'm OK with it not being great - I still enjoy doing it, and eventually I'll get it.

Edit - you can't see my feet in this video, but I am not standing on the ground, just hanging, at the bottommost position.

-S-

Last edited:
Looking pretty strong. Perhaps the angle was bad in previous videos but it looks like you're much more diligent about keeping a straight and open body in the FL. Most people pike or over round their upper back but yours is looking solid.

Hello,

@Steve Freides
I am glad you progress pretty well anyway :)

As an assitance to get even better (because you are not that far !), you can use a rubber band on your heels. The other part of the rubber band is tied to the rings:

Of course, this is only for after the meet :) !

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet', I'm content just going a little farther each time. I'd done enough flag-type movements that I know what it's supposed to feel like, and I'm in no hurry. So I'm just planning to continue doing the thing, which is coming out of my StC to a place I think I can hold for a few seconds. Even at 2 reps a week, I'm moving forward, not back, so I'm happy.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom