all posts post new thread

Nutrition Skinny...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Anna C ...when you want a smoke, just breathe deeply. Not a bad suggestion, thanks! No access to weights of any kind when travelling, will just be using either GTG OAPU and PS, or a ladders if GTG for some reason isn't possible.
@Inuk lots of results...what am I looking for?

@Anna C ...when you want a smoke, just breathe deeply. Not a bad suggestion, thanks! No access to weights of any kind when travelling, will just be using either GTG OAPU and PS, or a ladders if GTG for some reason isn't possible.
@Inuk lots of results...what am I looking for?

You´re looking for the 20 rep squat routine. Its an old, yet brutal squat program one can find out there. Today there's a few variations of the original program, some of them you can find here: 20 Rep Squats

All those programs have one thing in common, you squat for 20 rep. So basically you can make your own variation of the program, like doing 20 rep squats before S&S, or you can pick one that is best suited for your goals.

Somanaut - i would do a heavy squat routine that is more geared toward a powerlifting mindset and i would leave S&S aside on those days. I have tried the 20 Rep Squat routine and it's a good routine, but i think your objectives would be better served by a more traditional powerlifting routine for squats. To gain weight you need to give your body a reason to grow. frankly, if you can squat like a piston for 20 reps, that weight is not heavy enough. Get under a weight that you can barely get 5 reps with and bang out some ladders, 1, 2, 3 reps, resting a few minutes or more (emphasis on the more) between sets, then repeat that ladder two more times. take your time. then go home and eat like a starving hog in front of a mountain of slop. do that twice a week, keep up your S&S twice a week and EAT. You'll get strong and you'll put on weight.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom