all posts post new thread

Slater’s log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have been doing a lot of jiu jitsu mostly since my last post. I have gone everyday this week and will go tomorrow. I finally was able to order a 32 kg kettlebell. After being back to a commercial gym for a few weeks I remembered why I prefer home workouts anyways. I will be doing S&S, ROP, easy strength, Q and D from home to go along with martial arts training for the next how ever many months.

Bjj yesterday
Muay Thai today
I’ve been giving my joints rest from weights. Martial arts practice has been amazing. My shoulder has been pretty tweaked for a few weeks. The bjj school I’m at is great because the actual class is an hour long then rolling after is optional. So it makes it so I can do the practice with almost no impact on my body. If I had a tweaked shoulder at the school I was at first it was almost a guarantee I was going to be out for a bit if I tried going to class with it like that.

Ah having a 32 kg is so nice.

S & S warm ups

Everything with the 32 kg
Goblet squat 5 x 5
Two arm swings 5 x 10
Floor press 3 x 5 Each
KB row 3 x 5 Each
Suitcase carry 1 minute walk each arm

S & S warm up

Practice:
Goblet squat - 2 x 5 (24 kg) 1 x 5 (32 kg)

One hand swings - 8 x 10 (24 kg) 2 x 10 (32kg)

TGU - 8 x 1 (24kg) 2 x 1 (32kg)

Got some chalk. Massive difference. Peeled some skin off on my 8th set of swings though. Finished out with two handed. Heavy get ups in my garage in Texas heat seems like a horrible idea so I’m gonna put that on pause for a bit. I sweat profusely and sliding around with 32kg overhead doesn’t seem worth the trouble. I’ll stick to more of an easy strength approach. I’ll do some s and s with the 24 kg to keep the movements.

S&S warm up one round

Practice:
goblet squat 2 x 5 32kg
One arm swings 8 x 10 32 kg
Two arm swing 2 x 10 32 kg
TGU 2 x 1 32 kg (too much sweat every where to continue)
OHP 3 x 5 24 kg each side

Had to improvise several times during this “simple and sinister” workout. Still was a good session all together even though it didn’t go as planned. I wanted to get a nice timeless simple in. The chalk made the swings so much easier it was insane. I will put less on next time as my hand were covered in liquid chalk.

S & S warm ups

Goblet Squats 3 x 5 32kg
Two arm swings 5 x 10 32kg
One arm OHP 3 sets 8 16kg
One arm kb rows 3 sets 8 32kg

Skin is still peeled off on my right palm and my left shoulder isn’t fully healed yet. Just kept it to a shoulder and palm friendly easy strength workout today.

Kettlebell circuit warm up

snatch grip deadlifts 3 x 3 225lb
Zercher squats 3 x 3 185 lb
Bench press 3 x 3 185 lb
Pull ups 5 x 5 bw
Barbell curls and tricep extensions 3 x 5

my hand is still healing from the kettlebell swing ripping out a chunk. Made the best of it.

Warm up:
16kg for halos
3 rounds of halos and bridges

Workout:
32kg for all
Goblet squat 3 x 5
Two hand swings 10 x 10 every 90 seconds
TGU 5 x 1 each side

“Simply sinister” with 24 kg

S and S warm ups

5 rounds
10 one arm swings
1 snatch
1 get up
1 Hand to hand swing
Repeat

Did it all in 13:30 . My glycolytic session for the week.

Gym day

warm up:
Halos, goblets, presses

workout:
Deadlift easy singles worked up to 325 lb
Dips and pull ups 3 x 8 circuit fashion
Double kb front squat 5 x 5. 2 x 40 lb kettlebells.

The main and only goal on Sundays is deadlifts.

Bjj last two days.

Had a hard time with recovery from my last timeless simple session. I was definitely grinding too hard through that work out. The Texas summer and kettlebells in my garage bring a whole new element in to everything. Lots of sweat. Gotta bring everything back a notch. Less one handed 32 kg swings.

Hard wrestling and passing class today. Just live wrestling after the warm up. Felt great. Had lots of power and power endurance. I did gas out but everyone did. That was the point basically. If you won the round you had to stay in against a fresh opponent. I lost about three rounds out of 10 so I was in there a lot.

Was short on time this morning so I did a super minimalist workout.

Goblet squats 24 kg 2 x 5, 32 kg 1 x 5
KB snatches 5 x 5 24kg each hand EMOM
Farmers walk until uncomfortable x 2 (24,32kg)

Plan 015 Q + D (45lb) will be using my 24kg at home mostly for this. I was at the gym today.
Goblet squat 32 kg 3x5
Pull ups 5 x 5

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom