all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Sleep

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Steve Freides I need to be more strict about not bringing my IPad to bed with me. I often have trouble sleeping, even when running on 4-5 hours of sleep. When changing from overnight shift to day shift, and vice versa, I have trouble adapting, and must resort to sleep aids like over the counter sleep medications and low dose melatonin.

I could not agree more to go to bed earlier. Which I generally do, but falling asleep earlier is more difficult for me. Working shift work has really been changing my sleep habits. I do catch up on sleep when I can, but I have developed far from healthy sleep habits.

Shift work is a serious challenge to good rest, I don't miss it.

I get between 5.5 and 6 hrs a night. I actually begin to get headaches if I sleep more than 7 hrs at a stretch, but if I manage to consistently get 7-8 those headaches disappear. I get up at 4:45, for me to go to bed any earlier I'd have to be put to bed by my kids!

Hello,

Breathing exercises and some tea helps me to spleep and rest. Sleep, rest and diet are part of training...are part of everyday life.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom