all posts post new thread

Nutrition Slow Cooker

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

Are there nutritional benefits of "slow-cooking" comparing to "standard" cooking ? I know that nutrients are damaged by any heat. But is the heat produced by a slow cooking enough low to avoid nutrient destruction ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Check out the Instant Pot, it is a counter top electric pressure cooker, but it can slow cook, make yogurt, cook rice etc etc. Slow cooking had a place but there is nothing better than bone broth in 4 hours or fall apart collagen-rich roasts and cuts of meat in 45 min! The basic one is all you need and you can grab them for $79 bucks on Amazon every few weeks.

Edit to add:
I've done bone broth for 16 hours at high pressure before, the chicken and pork bones fell apart!

Also, pressure steaming potatoes/yams is super quick and helps for prepping more complex things!

Oh! And steamed eggs, they are fast, easy to peel and repeatably perfect! I've done 2 dozen at a time!

Last edited:
Pressure cookers can use most of the recipes that people cook in slow cookers, with a little adjustment to make sure the liquid is correct for pressure cooking. Much the same method of cooking, just not slow!

Love slow cookers

Find something that once had a face, pre cook it, throw it in.

Add vegetables and handfuls of spices (which are chalk full of goodness beyond flavours).

Done.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom