all posts post new thread

Bodyweight slow twitch article

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ricky01

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey everyone

Could I have some help deciding on some exercises to go along with the slow twitch program?

I was looking at 2 hard and 2 easy days a week. One easy and hard day using two movements. ...and another easy and hard day using two different movements.

Enjoying training just now, but looking for something slightly different for the next couple of months to help me gain a few pounds (with diet being dialled in as well). Time available to train is a slight issue.

Also, would loaded carries work here using the premis that failure to keep hold of weights/maintain good form would our within the 30-60 second window?

Thanks

Richard

The one posted a few months ago?

Yes that is were the idea came from. I know it mentions diamond pushups. I was wondering about legitimate other options.

4 movements would be good (including diamond pushups).

Rich

I can't get links to work sorry, but a Google search for 'Pavel - slow twitch training' should bring up three articles.

Thanks

Richard

Thanks for the link Steve.

I read the page. I am not wanting to cut rest. I will stick to the prescribed. If for example I used diamond Pressup as is mentioned in the article. I would perform a heavy and light day.

My question is can you perform another heavy and light day with another exercise (or in reality 2 exercises per day)? The article doesn't mention this.

Richard

you could :) it could be done with for example bulgarian split squats for legs ( i choose another body part to not make it upper body, also quads are more slow twitch )
For rest of the training week i would grease the groove with pull ups and or one arm push ups as in article.

Loaded carries - I wouldn't use this principles here as... its making it too complicated, as carries could be just done in any fashion and you would reap the benefits.

Suggestions :
A- pushups + bulgarian squats + planks / push day
B- GTG pull ups deadlift session( easy ! 2x5/532/ etc) finish with med loaded carries = pull day
C - pushups + bulgarian squats + loaded carries + planks
D - deadlift day 70% of max , 30 min work, pull explosive as many perfect doubles / triples as possible if not fast, cancel session and finish with heavy carries / pull day - this is last day of hard training week could be set up in many ways but you should have 2 days res after this day
other days GTG pull ups AND chin ups for biceps

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom