all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Snatch Advice

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oso Rojo

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm working my way from 20 to 22kgs on the snatch. Tonight was 80 at 22 and the reset at 20. 22 Is the first time I'm noticing trouble coming down. I'm doing hard style with the bell coming over the top on the way up and down.

Tonight I focused on letting the bell drop elbow first until is was about at the top of my swing. Then I locked into my swinging grasp and drove the bell down like when I'm doing heavy swings, coiling all the muscles for a good drive back up. This seemed to tame the shock of catching the bell and redirecting it into a swing rather than straight down.

Is this a reasonable metaphor for taming the arc on the way down?

It felt good and did tax my forearms for grip.

Thanks,
Bernie

I would recommend posting a couple videos, at least one of them from the side. I'm not sure I follow your description of the problem you're having, but videos would allow some of the excellent instructors who watch the forums to see what they see.

Tonight I focused on letting the bell drop elbow first until is was about at the top of my swing. Then I locked into my swinging grasp and drove the bell down like when I'm doing heavy swings, coiling all the muscles for a good drive back up. This seemed to tame the shock of catching the bell and redirecting it into a swing rather than straight down.

Is this a reasonable metaphor for taming the arc on the way down?

Sounds right to me.

Concur on the video suggestion; it's always insightful.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom