all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Snatch form correction

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Lane_vault

First Post
Hi all,
First time poster here. I am hoping to take my SFG I this coming February, and there are no coaches in my area. I am 23, a former pole vaulter, some oly lifting experience, and somewhat new to kettlebell training. I'm the one on the left, using 24kg. I realize my form needs work but I need some guidance, would anyone please critique and offer some tips? Much appreciated!

From what I can see in the video it look like the basics are there but I would want to see a set where you are not "sprinting" the snatches.

Pause at the top for a solid second then perform the next rep

From what I can see in the video it look like the basics are there but I would want to see a set where you are not "sprinting" the snatches.

Pause at the top for a solid second then perform the next rep

Sorry for the delay getting another video. I've progressed to 8/side EMOTM x5 minutes. Still sloppy, did not feel strong this morning.

Would like to see a little better lockout position (shoulder is fine) where you are not leaning/projecting forward with the body and getting the weight on the toes

Look for a lockout position with minimal/to zero projecting forward where the weight is centered on the foot

Part of what will get you there is a more vertical path with the KB - in other words - keep the kb closer to you on the way up (tame the arc more)

Would like to see a little better lockout position (shoulder is fine) where you are not leaning/projecting forward with the body and getting the weight on the toes

Look for a lockout position with minimal/to zero projecting forward where the weight is centered on the foot

Part of what will get you there is a more vertical path with the KB - in other words - keep the kb closer to you on the way up (tame the arc more)
Thank you for the advice Brett. I'll post again when I hit 10/side. Attempting 9 certainly humbled me the other day.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom