all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Snatch form

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

exrandrewexr

Level 4 Valued Member
Hey there!

After 1 year of S&S until reaching Timeless Simple I felt the need for some variety.

So one month ago I've started a Easy Strenght from Dan John and at the end of each session I was practicing the snatch for 5 minutes, because I had 0 snatch experience.

I'm planning to start RoP, but first I want ro get my snatch right.

Please let me know what I can improve.

Cheers!

That looks pretty solid! I’m not an instructor, just an enthusiast so I’ll let others get more technical and just add my two cents.
First thing i see is a lean forward at the top. Focus on your standing plank (like when bell is floating on swing). Also remember the original swing drill where your feet are elevated and weight is on your heels.
Second thing is taming the arch in the drop. This is a classic beginning snatch mistake and gets better with time, so no worries. From your standing plank you can lean back a bit and try to drop the bell down straight on the same path it came up (tight to the body, imagine standing in front of a wall.) Others will expand and do better than I, but great job for the time being!
Edit:
Upon a second viewing i can see your up arch needs some taming as well. Perhaps working the high pull more before the punch at the top.

From your standing plank you can lean back a bit and try to drop the bell down straight on the same path it came up (tight to the body, imagine standing in front of a wall.)

I'll try this out next time! I feel that sometimes I cast the bell too much in front of me and I know it's not good. Getting the bell down correctly is the most difficult part of this exercise for me :)

It's a decent start.. can you upload another video this time from the front and/or 25-30 degree front angle??

Punching the bell upwards earlier ( think 11 o'clock ) should help with the lean back and the shoulder jarring.
Exhale at the hip pop when you are taking your SFG I snatch skills test Breathing ( in your vid. ) is fine for the 5 min. snatch test.
Just in case.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom