all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Snatch technique

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I appreciate all the input and suggestions. It’s a little hard not to take it as a blow to my ego but it’s super helpful. I’m thankful for all of you. I thought I didn’t have any ego left lol.

I appreciate all the input and suggestions. It’s a little hard not to take it as a blow to my ego but it’s super helpful. I’m thankful for all of you. I thought I didn’t have any ego left lol.
I'm glad you took the feedback in the manner it was intended, to help you progress faster but also safer.

Lowered the weight to 24kg to dial in the motion better. I’m improving but still have a ways to go. This is a lot easier on my hands for sure and much easier with the 24. Going to keep incorporating your advice.

Lowered the weight to 24kg to dial in the motion better. I’m improving but still have a ways to go. This is a lot easier on my hands for sure and much easier with the 24. Going to keep incorporating your advice.
Good choice on the weight.
Stand with your back to a wall, step away about a foot length or so, now push your hips back into the wall. Although you were muscling the 32 you can really muscle the 24, so you are squatting and tossing. Wait on the bell, then hips back.

I like the improvement in taming the arc.
very cool.

I guess the only thing I think I'm seeing right now is that your knees are taking up alot of the work from your hips.

I recently had a bout with fixing my form.
Link:

Before (knee dominant) 24kg

After (hip dominant) 24kg

The hips rule with the heavier weight.

32kg

act like your light lifts are heavy so that your heavy lifts will be light.

Last edited:
@Chugachjed the form looks good, however for a good hardstyle snatch, add some speed/power/intention... and the power breath can help a lot with that.

I made you a quick video -- the first 2 snatches on each side are lacking this speed/power/intention. Still a basic hardstyle snatch form, but not snappy. The last 3 reps on each side have this speed/power/intention. Can you tell a difference?

I second what these folks have noted. You're sitting deeper but it's becoming more squatty. Do the drill @Don Fairbanks mentioned against the wall. This will help you keep the increased depth you're getting but reduce the forward knee flexion and teach you how to load your hips back AND downward, not just downward.

Hope this helps!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom