all posts post new thread

TSC Snatch test breathing q&a

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Here is Derek's video:

@Derek Toshner, I actually have a question. I notice never use the exhalation on the hip snap, which is how many of us practice our swings. I think that's worth mentioning, and I was wondering if you had any comments on that.

-S-

Here is Derek's video:

@Derek Toshner, I actually have a question. I notice never use the exhalation on the hip snap, which is how many of us practice our swings. I think that's worth mentioning, and I was wondering if you had any comments on that.

-S-

In the last 40-sec of my video, you'll hear that I do that. On the hip snap I breath out, followed by a quick breath in before the breath out at the top again. It's more of a relaxed breath than a grunt/hiss/hut noise. I usually don't do it early on as it seems to be overkill. When snatching for power, I definitely do it, but the 5 or 10-min snatch test is a bit of a different animal. I'd fatigue out way too fast if I focued on power output. Hope that helps.

Here is Derek's video:

-S-

Wow! Thank you, @Derek Toshner for such an excellent how-to video! Someone needs to sample this sound for a beat man! :D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom