all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Social Distance Strong!

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
did my first session on my little rebounder today...to my surprise it has already arrived today! took about 45min and some good finger strength to put it together...
grip training?! ✅
I'm so curious about rebounders. Let me know what you think.
I'm going to drag my hexbar into the driveway. Do farmers carries up and down.

Hello,

Woods next to where I live are now prohibited, so even trails are impossible...

I obey by the rule of my country (France) but try to maintain some routine and discipline.

My girlfriend and I are financial engineers. We are lucky enough to be able working from home. We take advantage of this period to do long fasts, rethink what we really like, what we really need. We also are glad just to be healthy (at least until now !)

Kind regards,

Pet'

I'm so curious about rebounders. Let me know what you think.
I'm going to drag my hexbar into the driveway. Do farmers carries up and down.
I think it fun and with some good music a nice way to get some cardio indoors.
I have edited the previous post for the second article which says there is no benefit of rebounding.
Don't think so...:)

Even though there is no yoga class operating in Chicago at present, I’m glad I picked up the practice of box breathing back when I did the occasional yoga class. Being able to turn down the volume of the inner chatter and the volume of the endless distractions — however temporarily or imperfectly — is more important right now than any of the yoga poses I learned.

My husband is a sports writer at the newspaper. Starting next week they're using him in other departments.
I'm working from home for 2 weeks. I'm a field rep, no way we're going back on the road. We're supposed to get an update next week. I'm cautiously optimistic but preparing for the worst.
interesting, another department...giving advice for housework or working out at home ?? *lol*

I'm actually enjoying the time with my kids. Watched Dodge Ball earlier today, there off playing video games right now. Had them in the garage training with me this morning. I've been taking them on a lot of walks as well, we just stay the heck away from people as we are out. I'm all about catching up on Netflix or the food channel so this isn't a big thing for me. I work from home most days so my life hasn't changed much. Ironically, I spend more time chatting with you all than most other people so I'm kinda built for this. Have a great day!

There needs to be a news app that has an option to only send notifications for breaking news THAT OFFERS HOPE.
I have stopped watching most national news, I just assume read it online. I watch the local stuff in the morning and that's about it. I don't live in a major city or even within a hundred miles of one. For the most part people are doing the right thing and staying away from people. I learned to shop at the expensive grocery store as next to no one can afford to pay $6.50 for a half pound of turkey. No crowds and no lines.

It's funny that until this week most people sat around watching Netflix or hulu or whatever and I never saw people around my area. Now the government wants people to stay inside and you can't pay these fools to get their dumb-a$$ in. People are dumb!

In Sydney the police had to close the beaches (incl the iconic Bondi beach) as Aussies being Aussies were just pretending to work from home and were instead skipping merrily off to the beach, to gather in their hordes in flagrant violation of the new social distancing rules. I bet you working from home is also solving Australia's notoriously high rate of workplace absenteeism, nobody is going to ring in sick no matter how hungover they are. They will just text from bed, "I am working from home today ?"

Took the family for a 1.5m walk this afternoon, with the intention of getting a drink at Starbucks. Got there to discover that Starbucks was completely closed, and all the other nearby places were drive-through only, no walk up. ?

Arg!

Hello,

Woods next to where I live are now prohibited, so even trails are impossible...

I obey by the rule of my country (France) but try to maintain some routine and discipline.

My girlfriend and I are financial engineers. We are lucky enough to be able working from home. We take advantage of this period to do long fasts, rethink what we really like, what we really need. We also are glad just to be healthy (at least until now !)

Kind regards,

Pet'

what part of France are you in??

Hi all,

Reporting from Maine (USA--Northeast) social distancing has been advised as well as closure of non-essential businesses where employees cannot work remotely.

Suffice it to say, in comparison to many, I lead a charmed life. I have been able to self isolate since March 12th with my only outside contact being trips to the grocery or gas station. A few of my friends work in hospitality/restaurants and were immediately laid off (thankfully the state is taking extraordinary measures for those with jobs affected by COVID-19), however one of my friends, a restaurateur, if effectively fighting for his livelihood in the case of his business. As I'm sure you all know, restaurants are a low margin business and even the trendy and popular are really only about one bad month away from financial ruin. In the case of my friend, many of us have been trying to support him by doing takeout (still permitted with strict social distance guidelines) and buying gift cards.

I will be working remotely (business systems analyst) until at least the middle of April, but I think it will be much longer than that. Luckily, I am cat-sitting for my parents (his name is Zeus and he is sitting on my lap purring away as I write this) while they are Florida for the winter (probably longer, to be honest). I spoke with my mom today and I would be surprised if they travel back by September at this rate based on what I have read coming out of China & South Korea in terms of peak infection & recovery rates--also given that they had much more direct testing and quarantine/cordon sanitaire efforts.

Thankfully, I have a nice setup with a load of kettlebells and other implements to train at home and have made it a point to train at least once a day (2-3 times a week I've been doing doubles).

Training-wise, I have been using the "Quantum Workout" that a friend of mine from wrestling told me about who has been using Pavel's methods for close to 12 years:

“Quantum Workout”
1H Clean 20+20x5 (24kg)

-- it's a doozy. I try to do it twice a week. Usually Monday and Friday, though this week I've planned things out for Tues/Thurs based on other sessions I have planned.

Obviously, jiu jitsu and wrestling are a "no" at this time. The academy is closed and training is out. I have tried reviewing some instructional material, though it just depresses me knowing that it will likely be at least until June or July until we can train again.

Zeys on chair.jpg
Zeus, resting on a chair beside me while I worked on Friday (3/20) -- he is enjoying #SocialDistancing, I am free to let him outside and back in as much as he pleases.

I've been doing S&S at home - only leaving when getting supplies.
It's times like these that make me happy to have my 16, 24 and 32kg kettlebells at home. And hopefully anyone who thought I was geeky for training at home, can realise how much of a good idea it is (y)

Stay healthy, friends

Hahahaha in Australia our Chief Medical Officer has said that community quarantine doesn't work and won't happen here but we shall see. In the mean time it's work, shop and gym where we normally go.

Well that didn't last long! It seems our Chief Medical Officer has been over-ruled and our most populous states go into lockdown from Tuesday night

Hello,

@Philippe Geoffrion
I live next to Versailles, close to the castle (western Paris).

Kind regards,

Pet'
Ah, ‘it’s a beautiful area! I live in Paris, in the 16th, and have frequented the fitness parks there, mostly the one Allée des Cygnes, where the Statue of Liberty ? is. Was just curious if you were one of the many skilled gymnast/calisthenic practitioners I’ve seen there.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom