all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Soju and Tuba for Calisthenics

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

305pelusa

Level 6 Valued Member
I kept hearing about this program and decided to give the article a read:
Upgrade Your Strength with the Soju and Tuba Press Program

This came out in 2016. Interestingly, I had already played around with this exact same idea of step cycling before. I had gotten such good success, that Al Kavadlo gave me the chance to write a small piece on it in his PCC bloq. In 2015:
Strength Cycling for Continuous Improvement

Posting this here in case people were looking for a program for calisthenics and felt GTG was their only option. Soju and Tuba works for calisthenics well too!

Also found the similarities incredibly eerie. The program isn't exactly the same, but I also found best success with pressing exercises. Go figure. If a program works really well, multiple people will come up with it on their own I think.

Hello,

@305pelusa
Great article ! :)

I never used wave with such systematically. I mean, when I reached a plateau, I randomly cut off some reps for a while. Eg. if my max was 20 pull ups, I reduced to 15 or 16 during a few days. Then, I was able to hit around 21 or 22

Always good to put some science !

MIT has a very great fame here in France. So, strong and smart, sounds like the most powerful combination ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Step cycling is not a new idea. The nice thing about the S&T blog was that it gave specifics for use with the kettlebell press.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom