all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Soju and Tuba Results

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

EHughes323

Level 4 Valued Member
Little background: 29 year old male, 147 lbs (67kg) bodyweight, 5'9" (175cm) tall.

Did the program with a 24kg bell. Also supersetted all presses with weighted chinups, also with the 24kg bell.

Start of program: 2-3 shaky reps left (weak) arm, unknown reps right arm.
3-4 shaky reps on weighted chinups.

End of program: 8 reps left (weak) arm, 9 reps right arm.
8 reps on weighted chinups

Just duct taped Two 5 lbs plates (10 lbs total) to the bottom of my 24kg bell and will be doing the program again with my new make-shift ~29kg bell. My girlfriend, her roommate, and I definitely noticed an increase in the size of my whole upper body, especially in the arms, back, and shoulders, although my GF said even my chest looked bigger too. She has also mentioned SEVERAL times that my body "looks insane in a good way," so that's always a plus. Program worked far better than I anticipated and would highly recommend it if it aligns with your goals.

More background info:

Was training in a gym doing standard strength routine mix of barbell, bodyweight, and dumbbell exercises until the pandemic struck and gyms closed. All I had at home was a 24kg kettlebell that hadn't been touched in years, a doorway pull-up bar, weight belt (for weighted chinups), and some light adjustable dumbbells.

I had not done any kettlebell work in at least 5 years prior to this program, but back in my early 20s I did train with kettlebells for a couple of years doing mostly ETK ROP and S&S. Never pressed anything heavier than 24kg, never did Getups with anything heavier than 32kg.

The only other upper body work I did was a couple sets of high rep curls and lateral raises at the end of my main strength work.

A huge thanks to Joey Yang for sharing the program!

Last edited:
Another option now is rop . That's how I did it with my 28 kg bell last year. First tuba followed by rop . Worked great

That's awesome! congratulations.
are you going to include anything else in your next run? like dips or bulgarian split squats?

That's awesome! congratulations.
are you going to include anything else in your next run? like dips or bulgarian split squats?

Thank you!

I will be doing everything exactly the same. So Presses, Weighted Chinups, Curls, and Lateral Raises for Upper Body.

For my lower body training, I have been doing a Q&D protocol using Jumping Switch Lunges instead of swings. It feels like it is working extremely well so far, and I've definitely added a little bit of mass to my quads, glutes, and hams (as confirmed by my girlfriend), but I will put it to the test soon by timing myself running certain distances: maybe 1 mile, 5k, and 10k? I will do another separate post about this later when I've trained a little more and done some testing.

Sorry for commenting on an old post. But was wondering if you done your pull ups the same reps as the presses?

Thanks

Getting into kettlebells after barbells is good fun, so many minimalist programs that get results.

Almost too many to be honest I want to run about 15 different programs!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom