all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Speak to me of Stall Bars

@Dann, yes those are expensive. I wonder if the metal uprights are really necessary.

I assume but you or anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong, that many people do their HLR using the "pullup" bar at the top so that some backward movement is possible. I imagine also that other people are flexible enough not to need the extra room.

I'm not going to make any more changes to my basement gym for a little while, probably will wait until late Spring or Summer, so I'm enjoying collecting information.

-S-

Correct the or my top bar is protruded 12inchs from the rest of the stall bars.

Without it, when doing pull ups you drag your body over the bars, and for me atleast (back to the bars) would be a ton of pressure on the forearms/arms

The metal up rights are probably not necessary, I think the dowel horizontal strength is more important. I'd have to check the specs but I wanted to make sure it could support over 250lbs.

I remember reading some reviews that people complained over time thier cross member dowels lost integrity ( bounced or bent) eventually breaking.

But I assume weight has alot to do with that.

I'm just commenting because the thread title reminded me of a Yes song. And I want stall bars too.

@Steve Freides Did you make a purchase of stall bars? In the UK they seem to be more commonly referred to as Swedish Ladders, but maybe these are different or just geographical differences in name? I am giving serious consideration to some and was wondering if you could share what exercises you have found the set up particularly useful for. I'm attracted to to the variants which have the top pull up bar coming out at 45°. I'm thinking I could attach my new gymnastic rings here for some exercises? If you made the purchase, would you do so again, and would you look for a particular feature that you now wish you had? Thanks in advance.

@Benjamin Renaud are you still using your stall bars? The Rogue ones you mention are more than I can afford so I'm thinking a beech set. What exercises do you find them good/bad for? Is attaching gymnastic rings to them feasible?

@Benjamin Renaud are you still using your stall bars? The Rogue ones you mention are more than I can afford so I'm thinking a beech set. What exercises do you find them good/bad for? Is attaching gymnastic rings to them feasible?
On mine, I can only attach rings to do rows and a few other things. My top bar only sticks out a few inches.

I mainly use them for my pull-up and dip attachment. I've also done HLR regressions and flag regressions on them.

Anytime I have rehab/prehab stuff to do with bands I use them.

I've never really explored stretching with them, except standing back bridges.

Benjamin,
I really like the stall bars you built for yourself, I'm just getting started with calisthenics, and I'm relatively handy. Was wondering if you had any drawings/plans for yours that you might be open to sharing?
Aaron

Benjamin,
I really like the stall bars you built for yourself, I'm just getting started with calisthenics, and I'm relatively handy. Was wondering if you had any drawings/plans for yours that you might be open to sharing?
Aaron
Hi there Cali, I do have a file with details and pictures of the build. I even had it on here, but for some reason the link to the google.doc doesn't work. Shoot me your email by pm and I'll send you the file with the slight mods that I'd make if I was to make them again.

Back
Top Bottom