all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Special Forces Selection Preparation Plan

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@pet' I'm more interested in taking the "avoid burning" approach, something like HIRT. FPP is great, and after the first 30 days I might get through it with Pull-ups and Push-ups. I'm also considering to switch to Q&D (swing and push-ups) after reaching Timeless Simple.

I did two RM tests today, in Pull-ups and Push-ups. Here are the numbers:
  • Pull-ups: 6 x 8kg
  • Push-ups: 18 x 10kg
In Joe Rogan @Pavel said that the best rep range for strength is 30 -60% in 5 - 10 sets. Taking the above RMs into consideration it would be:
  • Pull-ups: 2-4 resp with 8 kg
  • Push-ups: 5-11 reps with 10 kg
I'm guessing that for best results it would be good to practice pulls and pushes 3-4 times a week, am I right?

Hello,

@mikhael
Considering the volume you want to put in, I'd now exceed 3x a week, assuming you also want to train other abilities (so overall recovery becomes an important factor as far as progression and injury prevention go)

By the way, the following thread is also quite active currently. Maybe you can find some good information for your program:

Kind regards,

Pet'

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
- John Paul Jones​

For any Military, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighter, etc. Why would one not attempt to get as strong, fast, powerful, etc. as possible?

Hello,

@Bro Mo
Why would one not attempt to get as strong, fast, powerful, etc. as possible?
Infortunately, I guess some will answer that either:
- This is impossible to be all at once (strong, fast, having endurance, etc...)
- Because none of the programs they see is 'perfect' so they prefer just gathering information instead of at least trying something

Maybe there is a logic of 'perfect or nothing' instead of looking for some kind of compromise

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom