all posts post new thread

TSC Spring 2019 TSC

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Phil12

Level 8 Valued Member
Had a super good time today at the TSC at the Iron Strength Kettlebell Gym in Sugar Land, Texas. It was my first time competing in anything and I had a really fun time. It was great seeing a lot of folks lift heavy and smart and more than a few PRs were set today. Thanks to SF for setting it up, Angie Jameson and Eric Grimsley (both high quality trainers btw in case anyone is in the market ;) ) for hosting and to everyone who came and competed. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Thanks Carl. I tore my calluses pretty good so I will be taking some time off from anything involving those ;) Probably some light running, maybe bw stuff this week while planning out how to maintain my snatch gains (thanks to Eric my RHR and endurance improved a lot and I'd like to maintain this as a new baseline) while pushing that deadlift over 500. Now that I have one competition over my belt I feel a lot more confident so I may even sign up for October just to have something on the calendar without necessarily trying to push the numbers up too much.

I participated at TNT Performance in Brookfield, WI. It was a great experience with about 30 people entered. I think I did well for my first time, entered in the Masters division. @Ryan Toshner ran a great event, and thanks to his brother Derek for his coaching which made my snatch score much better than a few weeks ago (but I still have a ways to go!).

Leader board is up but not all scores entered:

TSC Spring 2019 | Leaderboards

Now for some relaxed ‘push’ training before focusing on the fall event.

Everyone, the group on Facebook is full of pictures and videos. Here is a link to the group. If you're interested in joining, please go right ahead and do so. Memberships must be approved by an admin (of which I am one) and are usually dealt with quite promptly, less than a day in general and sometimes in only a few minutes.

Facebook Group: Tactical Strength Challenge

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom