all posts post new thread

Barbell Squat/DL ladders

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Toomuch4

Level 1 Valued Member
I'm planning on trying this starting next Monday. Was wondering if anyone wanted to make any comments or suggestions. I understand that it's probably a lot. Rests are almost never more than two minutes and are usually a lot less.
(I changed it btw, 4/29: 4:15 PM,)

Monday
Low-Bar Squat Ladders: Goal is 3 x 2-3-5
Single-Arm Rows: Goal is 4 x 1-2-3-4-5 (Add 5# at goal)
Single-Arm Farmer's-Carry: 1 Heavy Set

Later:
Swings/Jump-Rope Circuit (Don't burn out)
Weighted Plank: 1 set for time

Tuesday
Bench + Assistance

Wednesday
Clean-Pulls: Work up to 3 x 2
Front Squat Ladders: 3 x 1-2-3
Single-Arm Rows: 3 x 1-2-3 (Always last Monday's weight)

Later:
Swings/Jump-Rope Circuit (Don't burn out)
Weighted-Plank: 1 set for time

Thursday
Bench + assistance

Friday
Low-Bar Squats: 3 x 1-2-3
Dead-lift: Work up to a heavy triple
High-Bar Squat: 1 x 10
Single-Arm Rows: 4 x 2-3-5 (Always last Monday's weight)
Single-Arm Farmer's-Carry: Drop-Sets till it burns
2 Curl Variations : Curl 1 x At least 30, 1 x Amrp, Curl 2: 1 x Amrp

Saturday
Bench + Assistance
Swings/Jump-Rope (Don't burnout)
Weighted Plank: 1 Set for time

Sunday
Rest

Squats and dead-lifts are auto-regulated
Rows are Heavy, Light, Med

Last edited:
As long as you can recover from the sessions it isn't a lot. lol. Question. When you say "goal" is ... does that mean you hope to make the ladders with a specific weight? It says you are auto regulating which is great but do you have an expectation in weight in mind?

As long as you can recover from the sessions it isn't a lot. lol. Question. When you say "goal" is ... does that mean you hope to make the ladders with a specific weight? It says you are auto regulating which is great but do you have an expectation in weight in mind?

I was playing around with it just now. So, I hope what you saw wasn't too different from what I edited it to. I can still answer your questions though. When I say goal, I mean the amount of reps that would mean it's time to add 5#, as long as you're not grinding any reps.

For the amount of weight, it's a weight that is a bit light. So, you hit the goal easy for at least the first week. For the 2-3-5 ladder, you would start with a 7rm, and subtract 5# from that. For a 1-2-3 ladder, you would take a 5rm, and subtract 5#. For the 2-3-5-10 , you would take a 15rm and subtract 5#.

I'm curious why you've got low bar back squats, high back back squats, and front squats?

Why all 3? What are your training goals?

For me, since my sport is weightlifting, I also do 3 squat variations: front squats for clean carry-over, overhead squats for snatch, and high bar for general strength.

But each one has a specific purpose.

I also don't do LBSQ at all, because it doesn't suit my personal purposes and has very different mechanics.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom