all posts post new thread

Barbell Squats for overall strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Waffles03

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi, I was listening to a YouTube clip of Pavel Tstatsouline discussing on how strengthening your grip and core helps develops your overall strength and I'm curious if this ideology also applies to squats. From my own personal experiences, when my leg strength goes up, my bench press goes up as well, but nevertheless I would like to hear from your guys responses. Thank you.

Heavy Back Squats are undeniably the best overall strength and mass builder for those who Squat safely. Every old school barbell program has back squats.

Absolutely! The reference to grip and core is mostly a nod to the power of irradiation, I assume, which could be said is the center layer of the proverbial strength onion.

Of course, an accomplished bench presser knows how to utilize leg drive, but the larger conversation begs further investigation into the "what the heck" effect.

IMHO, for those looking to get bigger and stronger, squat; for those looking to maximize the neural/skill/CNS aspects of strength without adding muscle, deadlift.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom