all posts post new thread

Barbell Squatting 405 at 70.

My Dad was also a structural Iron Worker. Taught me to weld when I was 10 and to use the oxy/acetylene blow torch. Your squats are impressive, regardless of age.
I learned to weld about 60 years ago. I started out using oxy-acetylene then SMAW, stick. Then I started teaching all phases of welding to apprentice and at a Vo-Tech school and local college.

Thanks for the kind words. I started doing squats to go faster on my bicycle but now I turned into a powerlifter who rides bicycles!

I started doing squats to go faster on my bicycle but now I turned into a powerlifter who rides bicycles!

Similar here! Former dedicated cyclist and that was 95% of what I did (age 40-45)... Now at 55 I'm a weightlifter who rides bicycles :)

I just got some great news today! The fastest trike ever, it went 74 mph at the World Human Speed Challenge, Completely Overzealous, has been offered to me at no cost to try and break the human speed record September 2024 at Battle Mountain, NV. A couple of videos. To go 74 they removed the windshield and used a camera to see with.

The person who owns it is going to modify the fairing so I will fit it. Hopefully by then I will be squatting over 450 pounds which will equal about 1,800-2,000 watts for 15 seconds spurts.

Squatted 410 Friday the 20th. It was about 3 inches high but it is still good training getting use to the weight.

Here is my velomobile set up for touring on a cold and cloudy morning. I hit 38 mph in about 300 meters and then coasted. My velomobile is about 15-20 mph slower than the Completely Overzealous and has huge touring tires on it. I have hit 51 mph in my velomobile in about a 1/4 mile. In 2012 Gareth Hanks went 71.79 mph in Completely Overzealous. In 2016 Gareth set the new trike record at 73.95 mph in All Overzealous, Completely Overzealous with a camera no windshield..

I guess Friday was an unscheduled back off day. After getting a 410 squat Tuesday, Friday I got 385 for 3 singles. So Tuesday I go for 415! I don't care if it is 6 inches too high just getting use to the weight. Within a workout or two I'll squat it to depth. I got to have more power Captain in a Scottish accent!

2@405 Friday. I hope to be at 5@405 in the next week or two. 415 was about 1-2 inches high for competition. I need to get my camera to the right height and 90 degrees to the side. The video of 405 the camera was shoulder height and about 155 degrees from the front or about 45 degrees past my side. I also need to remember to turn the camera on! I have a remote for the tripod and just found it back. Also need to remember to push the bottom button on remote for Android as the top button is for Apple.

Back
Top Bottom