all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Squatty Bent Press

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jayjo

Level 5 Valued Member
I have been struggling with the Bent Press due to being no so flexible. There is talk of a "squatty" version for people with long torsos in "Taming the Bent Press". In this version as you descend you bend both knees into a half squat I believe. I have done a few this way and it seems to work for me. Also I'm doing the arm bar but still seem to lack shoulder mobility on one side. Any thoughts out there?

I have been struggling with the Bent Press due to being no so flexible. There is talk of a "squatty" version for people with long torsos in "Taming the Bent Press". In this version as you descend you bend both knees into a half squat I believe. I have done a few this way and it seems to work for me. Also I'm doing the arm bar but still seem to lack shoulder mobility on one side. Any thoughts out there?
Squatting in the BP is fine; post a video, please, and we can offer suggestions if they are needed.

-S-

Two things that helped me the most for the Bent Press from Dave's book.

1.) The Side Rack and loading the Hip on that side

2.) The Bent Arm bars

Video

Two things that helped me the most for the Bent Press from Dave's book.

1.) The Side Rack and loading the Hip on that side

2.) The Bent Arm bars
Thanks. I agree with #1 on loading the Hip....Dave calls it the Structural Column of Support. I will work on the Bent Arm Bars....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom