all posts post new thread

Kettlebell SSST and Easy Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MatiPK

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello. What do u think, is it possible to add traing for archieve SSST which will not interfere with Easy Strength Programing. I want to take following exercies: Bench Presses, Dead Lifts, Back Squats and Pull ups.
Currently I am doing 8+8 Snatches on every minute for 10 mins. But When I tried to do SSST my mind and body burnt at about 140-160 reps ~7-8 min

what set and rep scheme did you use for the ssst attempt?? was that an all-out attempt???

15-15-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10 After 120 I was doing 5-7 on arm. I did first 100 in 4 min. I was training ROP before, doing Light and Medium heavy OH Swings and 1 one day per week Snatches
increasing the repetition on every minute. I dont know if its mind or body problem. Yeah that was all-out attempt on hardstyle competition in my country.
I thought about adding 2 days pers week to easy strength. One day heavy swing now with 36 kg starting 5 min 5+5 adding reps till 10+10 then adding another minutes to 10 minut. And one day with snatches like before till 10+10 on every minute.
BTW I am light weight 74 kg man.

You burned out at the total number of reps you train in practice. Try some sessions with a higher volume.

-S-

can you try doing an every minute on the minute protocol?

try doing 10/10 every minute then get back to us :)

P.S. how much do you lift for the deadlift and bench press??

Ok I will try it soon. My deadlift 1rm is 180 kg and bench 95 kg. I want to add bench to training cuz it stands out from the overhead presses. I can press 40 kilos in kb military press.

I tried to do it and at 140 reps doing 10+10 on minute I was exhausted and 5s lefts till next round so I gave up.
I will try to train more for it. My idea is to add some swings to Easy Strength Dan John plan, what do u think?
Monday 10 min OH swings 36 kg (5+5 OAM) and progress
Wednesday 5 min OH SWINGS 36 kg (7+7 OAM)
Friday Snatches 10 + 10 in one minute then rest 30s and continue till 200. Progress every week reducing rest time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom