all posts post new thread

Kettlebell SSST and ROTK

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

J Cox

Level 6 Valued Member
The new standards allow men 68kg and under to test with a 20kg
I had a question regarding the SSST standard for bell size. I'm 250lbs. What am I supposed to use for the snatch test? 32kg? dare I say 40kg? Just wondering.

I have been on ROTK for about a month now. Now, I didn't snatch the bells the first grind block through as I really couldn't double snatch 32s, but I did my light day today with a pair of 24s and I definitely see how it just adds an extra layer. We'll see how medium day goes with the 28s, but I know I still cannot snatch 32s -- not yet. I like the extra eccentric you get by lowering them after snatching. Definitely felt it more in my back and shoulders.

If anything -- and I know some folks have written they don't like the snatch part -- it really spices things up with the snatches. Gotta admit, it's kinda fun.

so do i, but i do what i have to do.
LCCJ is such a satisfy movement, i like it very much. strange that not many people mention about it on the forum.
I really do love the LCCJ block. I love to press, but there is something that makes you feel like a badass doing long cycle.

I had a question regarding the SSST standard for bell size. I'm 250lbs. What am I supposed to use for the snatch test? 32kg? dare I say 40kg? Just wondering.

The standard ssst bell is 24kg if you do it with a 32 then that's awesome

The standard ssst bell is 24kg if you do it with a 32 then that's awesome
I am definitely not doing the SSST with a 32 but I can do quite a bit with it. Still not there yet. Honestly haven't attempted the SSST yet with a 24. But I just might.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom