all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Standards Progressions

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 5559

I saw Dan Johns strength standards in another thread and I thought it was a really nice way to identify imbalances. I was wondering about some other aspects not included in those, such as conditioning, where simple & sinister fits, where other SFB movements fit, etc. What are some thoughts on levels of achievement for balanced strength and conditioning?

Here's my go at answering the question.

If you could do the beast tamer challenge you would have a high level of balanced absolute strength (push pull squat).

The 10 minute snatch test, alternating one handed swings with the beast at the rate of 200 in 10 minutes in sets of 10 or doing the vo2 max snatch protocol for 40 minutes with a 24kg all suggest to me a high level of work capacity and endurance. I'm sure you could think up something similarly difficult with long cycle cleans and jerks.

Carrying half body weight kettlebells in each hand and walking for 200m or doing Sinister get ups in 10 minutes suggests something impressive - not sure exactly what but it relates to endurance in maintaining a lot of tension (slow strength)?

These would be things to aim for and you could make up your own progressions to those goals. Balance would come from aiming to be at a similar stage on each spectrum and working to push each along at roughly the same speed.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom