all posts post new thread

Starting from the bottom (here we go!) New Guy hits it

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PlantDad

First Post
Hi friends, I am brand new to Kettlebells as of two days ago. Today is my 40th birthday and I'm excited to start the journey of "reverse aging". Perhaps I'm kidding myself but I'm ready to try. I am going to build my base up by starting with the 5 Week Single Kettlebell program that I found through M&F magazine. I created an excel spreadsheet to log my progress. To simplify that I'll put screenshots in here as my community log. Here's to everything!

1592418187513.png

My initial introduction posting on the Kettlebell forum died, however; there was some great advise from community members in regards to helping me with my "squatty swing" motion. Today I took a crack at correcting the swing using the "box" method as a visual deterrent to force me to hinge rather than squat. It certainly came out better but felt a bit awkward / unnatural. Next time I hit the "A" workout I will start with the towel method to see how that swing looks.

Here's that squatty swing again from day #1. I did ditch the shoes and practiced barefoot today. I will re-record my swings again on Friday when I hit those "towel" swings. Let's see if we can't fix this thing!

Attachments

• 1592418110044.png
    1592418110044.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 0
I think you're stronger than you think. My swings used to be more squatty when they were too light.

Perhaps get yourself a belated birthday present of some heavier bells.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom