all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Starting over

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Rigdog

Level 4 Valued Member
About a year ago I started simple and sinister and loved it. After 4 months, I then started training for a long hiking trip and long story short, injured my back and couldn't do KB or get-ups. I just focused on the hiking trip, got a physical therapist and that worked out great, able to hike >10 miles a day with very little back or foot pain (also had Morton's neuroma). Now, for the last couple of months I have been trying to get back to simple and sinister, but even with light weights and starting slow, lower back starts to hurt after just a couple of days of training. Any suggestions? Should I just switch to body weight training?

Welcome to StrongFirst!

but even with light weights and starting slow, lower back starts to hurt after just a couple of days of training. Any suggestions?
I'd get back in touch with your doctor or PT - it shouldn't hurt, so try to find out why it does.

-S-

Strengthening the abdomen, and gluteal muscles, and stretching the hips and anterior chain will help fix back pain, and make you more functional. Talk to professionals, and educate yourself. Experiment and find out what works for you.

When my hip flexors get tight it's hard to get my hips through. Then I start swinging with my head and back, not my hams and butt. I SMR and stretch my hips before my practice and between sets, and activate the glutes.

Last edited:
How's your technique? Have you found an SFG instructor to work with?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom