all posts post new thread

Off-Topic "Starting Strands" E-Book

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 7569

I wanted to bring some attention to strand training (training with cables, chest expanders, tubing, etc.)

So I created an e-book which can be downloaded here .

I tried to keep StrongFirst principles in full effect for the programming section.

I also tried to make it visually rich and included lots of information about strands that I got from old-time strongman books. So it's not just me spewing hot air. It's mostly quotes and tips from old-time physical-culturists about how to make strands work for you.

I would like some feedback regarding the programming, if anyone could be so kind.

Thanks everyone, I sincerely do not mean for this to be spam, but to get feedback from the community, so please give me feedback!

PS: even if you do not have a chest expander, you can do the exercises in the book with a piece of tubing, even the kind without handles

edit: I decided to pay homage to Geoff Neupert and create a hard-sell ClickBank page for the book which can be found here Starting Strands

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks for putting this together! I was actually trying to think of something low-risk for my kids to complement deadlifting (or trying to, depending on the weight) my kettlebells.

My only feedback, and it's minor, would be to put The Big 5 and the suggested starting reps (10 per set) before the programming block, to provide better context. Other than that, I look forward to putting this to use.

@Geoff Chafe is there any kind of tool or modality that you haven't used in your training? :D

I Weightlifted so much when I quit I wanted to explore strength and play. I wanted to do anything but Snatch and Clean and Jerk.

Strand Pulling builds strength in unique ways that cannot be built with any other tool. I say strong back, strong man. The Oldtime Strongmen and Physical Culturists were judged by the size of there backs, not the chest and biceps of modern times.

Hello Jak,
any chance you can upload that book (updated with FAQ) again, as is it not available anymore from that link.

Many thanks in advance

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom