all posts post new thread

Barbell Starting weight in Russian bear program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Quick update. The bear was everything it was said out to be. I started seeing result with in a week. In two weeks all my cloths were getting tight for me. but i was feeling really fatigued through out the week. And even after wave cycling i was still short. I tried to cut it down to 2 days a week, i still couldn't keep doing it. I thought it was because i wasn't used to the volume. I decided to switch to PTTP and i was still fatigued but it was manageable.
It was around a month back i was started reading PTTP again that's when it hit me, i have been increasing weight by 5 kilos instead of 5 pounds every day ?. Man. can't tell you how much better i feel now a days after working out, i can keep the cycle on for longer and seeing some real growth as well. But i still decided to keep up PTTP till end of this year ans start bear from new years

Quick update. The bear was everything it was said out to be. I started seeing result with in a week. In two weeks all my cloths were getting tight for me. but i was feeling really fatigued through out the week. And even after wave cycling i was still short. I tried to cut it down to 2 days a week, i still couldn't keep doing it. I thought it was because i wasn't used to the volume. I decided to switch to PTTP and i was still fatigued but it was manageable.
It was around a month back i was started reading PTTP again that's when it hit me, i have been increasing weight by 5 kilos instead of 5 pounds every day ?. Man. can't tell you how much better i feel now a days after working out, i can keep the cycle on for longer and seeing some real growth as well. But i still decided to keep up PTTP till end of this year ans start bear from new years

Whenever you adopt a higher intensity protocol you will accumulate a higher level of fatigue. It is this that grants you are more pronounced adaptations. In the case of the bear the adaptations is literally more muscle mass. Which in my opinion is the most stressful adaptation to chase. You are literally adding more mass that will consume more calories all the time. Even while you sleep.

I am seeing a bit of a problem here though. That is the problem of program hopping. If I was you I would go back to the bear and commit to it 3 times a week. With walking and rehabilitative work on your off days.

Eat a lot of meat and fish. A lot of people say things like "you only need a gram per pound to grow." However I have never seen a guy consume above that and not grow better and perform better than the guy saying that. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veg. Limit your unnecessary carbohydrates. Drink plenty if water. That's the diet element more or less sorted.

Whenever you adopt a higher intensity protocol you will accumulate a higher level of fatigue. It is this that grants you are more pronounced adaptations. In the case of the bear the adaptations is literally more muscle mass. Which in my opinion is the most stressful adaptation to chase. You are literally adding more mass that will consume more calories all the time. Even while you sleep.

I am seeing a bit of a problem here though. That is the problem of program hopping. If I was you I would go back to the bear and commit to it 3 times a week. With walking and rehabilitative work on your off days.

Eat a lot of meat and fish. A lot of people say things like "you only need a gram per pound to grow." However I have never seen a guy consume above that and not grow better and perform better than the guy saying that. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veg. Limit your unnecessary carbohydrates. Drink plenty if water. That's the diet element more or less sorted.
Hi Starlord,
I agree with you about program hopping and i tried so hard to stay with the program. But my problem was i was adding almost 11 pounds every workout instead of 5 and that was too much. It wasn't just fatigue my joints were taking a toll as they weren't used to that much volume and weight. I had a sharp pain on my right elbow and though i could dead lift i couldn't curl my arms. i think maybe i was loosing my form and i wasn't notising that and was just focusing on the volume. And on top of that i wasn't doing any static stretching or even yoga.

And i had no energy and was so tired all the time. I only figured out the problem about a month ago and i decided not to jump back to bear again. Am staying with pttp till December 31 and from new years on wards, i'm gonna go bear and add some mass. And i don't know if it makes sense but i figured with covid numbers rising in my region i shouldn't be putting my body always in recovery mode.

Good news is i'm making decent gains in my weight progression. I am dead lifting and pressing weights that i haven't lifted every and now i if i have to move something or lift something at work or home, instead of blindly pulling, i am consciously tensing my muscles and i can feel myself aligning myself. That feels amazing. Now i think i'll be ready by december mentally and physically to handle the bear.

Hi Starlord,
I agree with you about program hopping and i tried so hard to stay with the program. But my problem was i was adding almost 11 pounds every workout instead of 5 and that was too much. It wasn't just fatigue my joints were taking a toll as they weren't used to that much volume and weight. I had a sharp pain on my right elbow and though i could dead lift i couldn't curl my arms. i think maybe i was loosing my form and i wasn't notising that and was just focusing on the volume. And on top of that i wasn't doing any static stretching or even yoga.

And i had no energy and was so tired all the time. I only figured out the problem about a month ago and i decided not to jump back to bear again. Am staying with pttp till December 31 and from new years on wards, i'm gonna go bear and add some mass. And i don't know if it makes sense but i figured with covid numbers rising in my region i shouldn't be putting my body always in recovery mode.

Good news is i'm making decent gains in my weight progression. I am dead lifting and pressing weights that i haven't lifted every and now i if i have to move something or lift something at work or home, instead of blindly pulling, i am consciously tensing my muscles and i can feel myself aligning myself. That feels amazing. Now i think i'll be ready by december mentally and physically to handle the bear.

I am not going to go into my views on covid as it isn't what this forum is for.

Good that you found something that works. You will not regret the changes to the bear. It is a good program for adding slabs of muscle to the body. But do not neglect your recovery methods. It is critical.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom