all posts post new thread

Stefano’s 50/20 training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Stefano

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello everyone

I’m Stefano from Italy, teacher and psychologist. I had an history of training based on barbell compounds movement, but I totally got bored of iron and gyms, so I found a new stimulus in bodyweight training.

My main goal at the moment is working to harder and harder versions of Bodyweight Chin Up and Push Up: now I’m working towards One Arm Push Up and L Sit Chin Ups (and when this variation’ll become easy, next goal will be Archer Chin Ups).

i want to train only with my Bodyweight, without adding weights, in order to be able to train anywhere, in every moment

Today

Side to Side Chin Ups

3x2/3/5
Archer Push Ups
3x2/3/5

Last edited:
Today

Tuck L Sit Chin Ups

3x2/3/5
Archer Push Ups
3x2/3/5

Archer Push Ups are becoming more and more solid...I have to work on my tuck position for Chin Ups, I have to reduce the swing of my body

Last night I attempted One Arm Push Up... I got it!!!! Both sides!!!

I don’t mess with my progression, the goal is a full 3x2/3/5 ladder OAPU both sides

Today

Tuck L Sit Chin Ups

3x2/3/5
Archer Push Ups (one hand elevated)
3x2/3/5

I have to work on my tuck position...I still loose a bit of the legs in some reps

Today

Tuck L Sit Chin Ups

3x2/3/5
3x2/3/5

Tuck position felt more solid today, learning to brace and to feel my core during Chin Ups

Yesterday

Tuck L Sit Chin Ups

3x2/3/5
3x2/3/5

Today

Tuck L Sit Chin Ups

3x2/3/5
3x2/3/5

Today

Tuck L Sit Chin Ups (One Leg Raised)

3x1/2/3
One Arm Push Up Negatives
3x1/2/3

I moved to the next progression: I tried to raise a leg from the tuck position during Chin Ups and I substituted Archer Push Ups with a full One Arm Push Up Negative.

Now I have to work to be stronger with a raised leg (I loose the position at the bottom) during Chin Ups and to slower the negative during One Arm Push Ups

Last edited:
Today

3x1/2/3
3x1/2/3

Better workout than yesterday...negatives and the raised leg felt more solid...still a lot of work to do

Today

Towel Uneven Chin Ups

10 singles
One Arm Push Ups
10 singles

Experimental workout...using Uneven Chin Ups (one hand grabbing a towel) and finally full One Arm Push Ups...using ten total singles for both, hoping to use them as a very frequent workout...could it be a good idea?

Today

3x1/2/3
3x1/2/3

Resume my normal progression...

Today

3x1/2/3
3x1/2/3

Good workout

Today

3x1/2/3
3x1/2/3

It’s becoming easy...I think to dedicate some more workouts to consolidate the results and then i’ll Progress to a harder variation

How has the transition from weights to bodyweight been?

Hi Adam!

I can tell you that i’m really happy with the transition...if I have to summarize the pros and cons:

Pros:
-
i’m Free to train anywhere and everytime I want
- Chin Ups and Push Ups variations are a great total body workout
- Bodyweight Training is the perfect tool in this period of cutting weight...
- it’s really great when your body becomes your gym

Cons:
-
only one, since i’m New to this kind of training: Bodyweight is way harder to program and to track progress vs. Weights

So, I can tell you i’m Really happy with the switch...now i’m Working towards knowing more and more my body and overall to learn the right way to progress finding harder variations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom