all posts post new thread

Nutrition Steve Freides, Food Log, February, 2016

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
Monday, February 1, 2016:

So far today, nothing (well, water) until 1 PM, when I had:

Dale's Bar, vanilla cashew flavor, a cup of coffee, and my morning vitamins: 3 potassium capsules, 2 fish oil capsules, and 1 daily multi-vitamin.

Edit - had 15 minutes to eat something before heading out to an evening rehearsal. My wife had been kind enough to make meat pies of a sort - ground beef, peas and corn, onions, all inside of puff pastry. Delicious but I had only time to eat one of them. She used frozen puff pastry, so one pie was the size of an apple turnover because that's how it came in the package.

When I got home, had some pulled pork on a roll with roasted tomatoes, about 10:30 PM.

-S-

Tuesday, February 2, 2016:

10 AM: Small, whole-milk, organic, coffee-flavored, Brown Cow brand yogurt. Melted a spoon of coconut oil in the bowl first, added 3 big spoonfuls of homemade nut butter, then the yogurt. Had with coffee and water.

1 PM: Dale's Bar, graham cracker flavor, with coffee, water

5 PM: Some take-out Chinese food - we are working with RHS Jamboree | RHS Scholarships since 1947 as music directors, the show opens tomorrow night, and our time is not our own. We'll likely eat leftovers of this tomorrow night for dinner.

Edit - at an evening rehearsal, I was still hungry, and someone brought me pulled pork on a roll. It was yummy. :) 8 PM or so.

-S-

Last edited:
Wednesday, February 3, 2016

8:30 AM: 1 spoon of coconut oil, 3 spoons of homemade almond butter, and half of a small banana, mixed together in a bowl, with coffee and water, followed by my usual morning vitamins (3 potassium capsules, 2 fish oil capsules, and 1 daily multi-vitamin).

Edit - had to teach without a break from 3:15 to 7:00 PM and then go straight to play the show, so had a Dale's Bar at 2:30 and then just picked at leftover Chinese food between lessons. Having some more of it now, at 10:30 PM. Had a cupcake at the show.

-S-

Last edited:
Thursday, February 4, 2016

7:30 AM: same as yesterday AM

12:30 PM - Dale's Bar, water, coffee

3:30 PM - a few bites of leftover chinese food. Another busy day with a show in the evening to play.

6:45 PM - a few bites of leftover cheese lasagna (from my wife's dinner plate)

10:30 PM - a slice of thick-crust pizza w/ sausage, onions, and garlic

-S-

Friday, February 5, 2016

9:30 AM - small, flavored yogurt w/ 2 spoons of almond butter, coffee, water, vitamins.

1 PM - Dale's Bar, coffee, water.

6 PM - pulled pork sandwich at home, coffee, water.

11 PM - out with the Jamboree band, had a "Philly" steak sandwich, some pizza, and a gin & tonic (with a slice of lime, of course)

Last edited:
Saturday, February 6, 2016

11:30 AM - almond butter, vitamins, Dale's Bar, two coffee, water - hungry!

3:00 PM - hungry so half a Whole Foods pork carnitas burrito.

5:00 PM - a few eggplant rollatini from a local Italian deli before playing a show.

10:30 PM - a few more, plus some leftover meat pie filling.

11:30 PM - some chocolate candies.

-S-

Last edited:
There are veggies. Burrito has veggies, eggplant is a veggie, Dale's bars are vegan, almond butter is vegan, meat pie had peas and corn. For me, that's enough at this time of the year. I don't like salads in the winter, couldn't tell you why.

-S-

Sunday, February 7, 2016

7 AM - almond butter, vitamins, coffee, water

1 PM - several grilled ham and cheese sandwiches - was just starving - then took a nap

8 PM - my wife made a sort of shepherd's pie, with ground beef and lots of cooked veggies, topped with puff pasty. Delicious!

-S-

Monday, February 8, 2016

8 AM - almond butter, vitamins, coffee, water

noon - Dale's Bar, 2 coffee with cream, water

6 PM - clean-up-the-kitchen (leftovers): a few meat dumplings, some cheese/veggie lasagna, half a WF pork burrito.

-S-

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

10:30 AM - Dale's Bar, coffee, water

My wife wanted to celebrate the fact that we had a few lessons cancel and it wasn't dark out yet at 5:00 PM, so we took a walk into town, and we decided to stop at the local Mexican place and get an order of nachos and bring it home.

6:00 PM - marinated pork tenderloin, zucchini with onions, above-mentioned nachos.

9:00 PM - still hungry, so small portion of leftover cheese lasagna, the few remaining nachos.

-S-

Wednesday, February 10, 2016:

10 AM - vitamins, coffee, water, Dale's Bar.

Taught without a break from 3 to 7:30 PM, munched on a few cheese and crackers in there.

7:30 PM: Dinner was a stir fry with rice, pork, zucchini. Dessert was a recipe from the Internet - canned pumpkin, coconut cream, maple syrup, makes a sort of pumpkin pudding.

-S-

Thursday, February 11, 2016

2 PM - Dale's Bar, coffee, water

7:30 PM - more clean-up-the-kitchen: cheese and crackers, leftover stir fry w/ leftover zucchini and onions.

-S-

@Steve Freides It looks like you are trying to make it two meals per day, tring to skip lunch..or making it light. That's excellent in my opinion. You get the benefit of (partial) fasting, and you are really hungry at the end of the day..you can even afford to indulge in bit of 'junk' food with not much harm.

I am following the Warrior Diet, at least in my mind. It's undereating during the day and overeating at dinner.

-S-

Friday, February 12, 2016

8 - 9 AM - vitamins, almond butter, half a Dale's Bar my son didn't finish yesterday, water, coffee w/ cream while doing kitchen chores, answering email/forum, and chatting on the phone.

3 PM - another Dale's Bar

7 PM - sometimes life is just good. My wife and I had decided to go out to dinner tonight, in part because the big volunteer project we just finished working on had given us a gift card for a local restaurant that would cover part of the bill.

Shortly after we sat down, a couple, both cast members from the project, came over to say hello and thank us for all we'd done. When they walked away from our table, we thought they were leaving the restaurant, but they came back and handed us another gift card, this one for an unknown amount that turned out to be more than the first one, and my wife and I ended up having dinner for free.

Lovely meal, had a drink with it, and coffee and dessert afterwards. Sometimes, life is just good. Three appetizers: potato-leek soup, crab cake, ravioli; one entree, surf-and-turf, all shared between my wife and me.

-S-

Last edited:
Saturday, February 13, 2016

9 AM - coffee, water, one spoon of almond butter (still very full from last night's dinner), vitamins.

10:30 AM - mini egg+cheese+chili in a bowl - one leftover scrambled egg, a big spoon of leftover chili, and a spoonful of cheddar cheese. All of about 4-5 spoonfuls of food, basically just cleaning up the pan on the stove from the eggs my wife made for herself and my son earlier.

noon - Dale's Bar, coffee w/ cream, water.

7:30 PM - baguette, sausage gravy (my wife made), peas, leftover chili. A couple of mint candies.

10 PM - still hungry, piece of toast with triple-cream St. Andre cheese.

Last edited:
Sunday, February 14, 2016

7:30 AM - vitamins, coffee, water, almond butter

noon - a few bites of leftover scrambled eggs, again from what was left on the stove.

4:30 PM - early dinner at a relative's retirement home. Two pieces of fried flounder w/ tartar sauce, and coleslaw.

-S-

Last edited:
Monday, February 15, 2016

11 AM - coffee and Dale's Bar

6 PM - dinner at hotel restaurant: spinach salad w/ bacon and blue cheese, fried dumplings, potatoe-leek soup, ham and brie sandwich, oatmeal cookie for dessert.

-S-

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

8 AM - hotel breakfast: bacon, poached eggs on English muffins, coffee, vitamins, water.

6 PM - 2 chili cheese dogs - organic hot dogs, cheese, chili.

8 PM - for dessert, made my son and I the same thing: one banana in a bowl, add chocolate chips, microwave for banana to cook and chocolate to melt. Add a bit of heavy cream, stir just a little, eat.

-S-

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom