all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Straightening my back while doing levers

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Edy

First Post
I've been been working on my 1 arm chin up for a couple months now and I can really see some results.

I got kind of bored and wanted to try the front lever. Everything seemed fine, I could hold a 10 sec advanced tuck, but when I checked the recording, my back is really arched, unlike everyone I've seen doing it.

Do you have any tips on how I can improve my posture and also if that means that I am not strong enough yet? (the same thing happens with the easiest progression)

Thank you.

Arched or rounded back? Both are common compensations when you aren't fully strong enough for the position. Holding the angle too high or low makes it easier. So does bending the elbows.

If rounded: Think about squeezing your glutes to open your hips more.

An easy fix is to work FL pulls and negatives from an inverted hang. By working a large ROM you will likely get a better position.

Reactions: Edy
Hello,

Assistance work will depend on the weakness you may have.

Working on hollow position is always good for gymnastic moves. Working on scapula retraction and protraction as well.

As far as back work (but glutes are important toi) good morning / DL /, GHR, HLR. Always working in flexion and extension to get things well balanced.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Assistance work will depend on the weakness you may have.

Working on hollow position is always good for gymnastic moves. Working on scapula retraction and protraction as well.

As far as back work (but glutes are important toi) good morning / DL /, GHR, HLR. Always working in flexion and extension to get things well balanced.

Kind regards,

Pet'
Hi,
Thank you for the tips. I've noticed that my biggest weakness is flexibility, but I've started working on it. For how long should I be able to hold the hollow body position in order to be strong enough to attempt the front lever again?

Hello,

You can follow the Prilepin's chart for static holds. This would work for each progression towards front lever

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom