all posts post new thread

Noah Marek's Training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
1-17-18
Snatch 32kg 5r x 12s emom
Get ups 32kg 5x1/1
Push ups 2x15

1-19-18
Variety/Deload day from swing and snatches before I start another swing and snatch program on Monday.
Barbell deadlifts, bench, front squats, and pull ups. Deadlifts felt fantastic! I need to start doing these more regularly again. I also did double Kettlebell jerks with 2x24kg bells and they were fun!

Feeling a bit frustrated. I am having a lot of hand issues with snatches, and it is forcing me to stop far earlier than I should be. I am trying to focus my training on A+A snatches but my hands are getting beat up too quickly in the sessions and not allowing for enough repeats. I am also doing a lot of experimenting by working with multiple weights, using more or less chalk, and working slightly different grips. I really love snatching but this is frustrating me especially since I am strong enough to do far more than my hands are allowing...

For now, I am going to switch to double Kettlebell jerks on days when I want to keep doing repeats but my hands are stopping me. Not ideal, but it should work fairly well for A+A I think.

Today’s session 1-26-18
Snatch 28kg 5r x12 repeats
Double Kettlebell jerk 2x24kg 4r x10 repeats
Bench press 135x5, 155x5, 185x3,3
Double Kettlebell front squat 2x32kg 2x5

Also, going to rest and take extra good care of my hands this weekend. I will go back to snatching Monday and hopefully they will feel better even though they are still in pretty good condition right now.

Feeling a bit frustrated. I am having a lot of hand issues with snatches, and it is forcing me to stop far earlier than I should be. I am trying to focus my training on A+A snatches but my hands are getting beat up too quickly in the sessions and not allowing for enough repeats. I am also doing a lot of experimenting by working with multiple weights, using more or less chalk, and working slightly different grips. I really love snatching but this is frustrating me especially since I am strong enough to do far more than my hands are allowing...

For now, I am going to switch to double Kettlebell jerks on days when I want to keep doing repeats but my hands are stopping me. Not ideal, but it should work fairly well for A+A I think.

Today’s session 1-26-18
Snatch 28kg 5r x12 repeats
Double Kettlebell jerk 2x24kg 4r x10 repeats
Bench press 135x5, 155x5, 185x3,3
Double Kettlebell front squat 2x32kg 2x5

Also, going to rest and take extra good care of my hands this weekend. I will go back to snatching Monday and hopefully they will feel better even though they are still in pretty good condition right now.
I do this on snatch test (or higher/faster reps) days, and it helps a lot:

1-28-18
Well after a year and a half of using kettlebells, I finally learned how to grip the bell properly. After talking with Al and rereading an article by Brett Jones, I realized I was just slightly over gripping the bell which was leading my hands getting beat up. Anyway, I finally have proper grip position which is awesome! The downside is that I have to go down in weight, but that is ok with me because at least my hands shouldn’t be a big issue when building up volume.

Today’s session:
A+A snatch 24kg 30 repeats of 5r (NOL 150)
No hands issues! Yes! Sometimes progress is taking a step back.

Last edited:
1-31-18
Get ups 36kg 1/1, 40kg 1/1
A+A snatch 24kg 14 repeats of 5
32kg 4 repeats of 5
NOL 90
-Was hoping to do more volume today but my hands weren't feeling it, my grip technique is better but it will take some getting used to and lots of practice. For now, my hands are what is waving the load ;)
-32kg felt stronger than I thought it would be with my new grip! Definitely a challenge, but at least I can start working it in.
Goblet squat 48kg x5,6
Push ups x15, slow and strict

For the record, I have switched over to A+A snatch training. After seeing the impressive results of @Harald Motz @Miguel @Timothy Friel and @Anna C , I wanted in on the fun! I am just using the standard guidelines of 3-4 sessions per week, waving the load each session, slowly building up volume and increasing weight, and of course, listening to my hands. I am also going to try to do 1-2 runs per week (at MAF or slightly lower than MAF HR). I really enjoy snatching and now that my hands issues are becoming less prominent, I can finally commit to this! Yes!

Oh, and a big thank you to @aciampa for his work and experimentation with A+A snatches! You rock!

Last edited:
-Was hoping to do more volume today but my hands weren't feeling it, my grip technique is better but it will take some getting used to and lots of practice. For now, my hands are what is waving the load ;)
The hands tell, and not listening...hurts. It hurts, hurts is no joke and leads to issues with technique short term and progress long term.

Trained 2 more days this week including get ups, front squats, presses, and pull ups mostly. I didn’t give my hands enough rest after Wednesday so I only managed a small amount of snatches. Tomorrow they should be good to go!

2-5-18
A+A snatch 24kg 5r x30 repeats
NOL 150
-had to use sock sleeves on my hands for the last 50 reps but hands felt pretty good overall. I put the sock sleeves on well before I needed to ensure a blister to happen.
Goblet squats 48kg 2x8
Push ups 2x12
Deadlifts 40kg +48kg 2x10
RDL 48kg x12
Excellent training session today! Next 2 days are planned off days due to my schedule. Will be back to snatching on Thursday!

2-5-18
A+A snatch 24kg 5r x30 repeats
NOL 150
-had to use sock sleeves on my hands for the last 50 reps but hands felt pretty good overall. I put the sock sleeves on well before I needed to ensure a blister to happen.
Goblet squats 48kg 2x8
Push ups 2x12
Deadlifts 40kg +48kg 2x10
RDL 48kg x12
Excellent training session today! Next 2 days are planned off days due to my schedule. Will be back to snatching on Thursday!
You inspired me to get back to a+a snatching. Thanks!!

2-10-18
Got back from a 1 night Valentine’s Day hotel stay in portland today with my wife. After lots of delicious, healthy food and a good night of sleep, I felt really energized both physically and mentally.

Get up 32kg 1/1
Strict press 24kg 2x5
A+A snatch
24kg 6r x12 repeats
32kg 4r x6 repeats
NOL 96
-was feeling strong so I did a few sets with 32kg. Felt great! No hand issues either.
Pull ups x8,7,6

5A853323-83CE-4F01-B0AE-112B56B15A44.png 2-11-18
25 minute run + 5 minute walk, 2.44 miles

Running at an easy, relaxed pace feels good. I used to run fast and feel smoked afterward. Now at these easier paces, I feel healthy and strong!

2-12-18
1 clean + 1 press + 5 front squat complex - 2 sets at 2x32kg
A+A snatch 14 repeats at 24kg, NOL 70
12 repeats at 32kg, NOL 60
I have been alternating between 24kg and 32kg on all the sets. Felt really good today and hands held up well. Excited to snatch again on Wednesday!
Neuro grip push ups 3x7
Great training session! Neuro grip push ups are fun and challenging!

2-14-18
A+A snatch 32kg 5r x 12s
24kg 5r x8s
20 repeats, NOL 100
Double Kettlebell front squat 2x32kg x7,7
Neuro grip push ups x6,6,6

2-15-18
Snatches were a no go today due to my hands being a bit beat up.
Get up 36kg x20 (10 per side)
Front squat 2x32kg 3x6
Excellent training session! Felt good to place more focus on get ups.

2-17-18
Trying something new that I am very excited about :)
Kettlebell Strong Phase 1- Day 1
1A 36kg snatch
Goblet squat 48kg x6,6

A slight shift in focus to heavier snatches focusing improving strength. My sights have been set. Time to execute the plan!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom