all posts post new thread

Noah Marek's Training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
3-25-18
Sunday Run- 36 minutes with walking as needed. Felt good! I “recovered” from this run with a big chocolate chip pancake, egg, and sausage breakfast :)

3-25-18
I am on spring break right now and have more free time so I ended up getting in another session today!
S&S
Goblet squat 36kg 3x5
Swings 36kg 1A- 6x10, 2A 4x10
-hands are still beat up so I had to switch to 2A.
Get ups 36kg 5x1/1
Stretch
Finished feeling great! I love S&S sessions!

E1E4F580-43F4-4422-B964-49FF43C285B7.jpeg 3-26-18
S&S
2H swings 36kg 10x10
Get ups 36kg 5x1/1
Neuro grip push ups 3x10
-still need to let my hands recover more but I don’t want to take a day off swinging with my extra free time this week haha. I probably will abstain from swings tomorrow though and return on Wednesday.

I have enjoyed seeing glimpses into other’s personal/work life on here, so here is a glimpse into mine. (Picture above). I am on spring break but have a big test the Monday I return so I am putting in a couple hours each day to prepare for it!

3-28-18
I have been unsure whether to focus on S&S or snatches, but I have chosen the SSST as my next goal. That is 200 snatches in 10 minutes with 24kg. It’s something i’ve wanted to do for a while now so I think it will be a fun goal to pursue.

I am using the template outlined by Craig Marker in the recent ATG TSC snatch protocol but I’m expanding it to 10 minutes.

Snatch- 24kg 5r every 30s x20
-100 snatches in 10 minutes
-this felt great!
Pistol squat 16kg 3x5/5
Bent press 32kg 3x3/3

3-30-18
So another update: I have been overgripping the kettlebell on heavier snatches/swings and am going to totally do away with that bad habit. Today I focused on hooking the bell with my fingers during snatches. It will take some practice for sure. I think about half of the reps felt great and the other pinched my calluses a little. It is humbling after snatching 32kg for a while, but I am going to stick to snatching mainly 24kg while my hands, grip, and hook technique improves.

I am excited to finally be gripping the bell properly and I know that the long term results will be good. I am thinking of also using swings to warm up for snatches so that I can groove the new grip and also finishing with farmer’s carries to also groove the new grip. Excited to see how this goes!

Get up 36kg 1/1
A+A snatch 24kg 5r x 24 repeats
Farmer’s carry (with hook grip) 2x32kg x1,1,1
Push ups 6x10

Last night my wife asked me to open up a new stick of chapstick. I had just put lotion on my hands and couldn’t do it. Ego = crushed.

3-31-18
I’ve been inspired seeing @Timothy Friel getting work done despite his crazy busy schedule so there was no way I wasn’t fitting in a run today!
MAF Run- 31 minutes with walk to finish. Felt really solid through the whole run. Probably covered close to 3 miles and could have kept going for a while more. I might push it a bit on one of my runs soon and go for closer to an hour.

Now time to buckle down and get some serious studying done!

Last night my wife asked me to open up a new stick of chapstick. I had just put lotion on my hands and couldn’t do it. Ego = crushed.

3-31-18
I’ve been inspired seeing @Timothy Friel getting work done despite his crazy busy schedule so there was no way I wasn’t fitting in a run today!
MAF Run- 31 minutes with walk to finish. Felt really solid through the whole run. Probably covered close to 3 miles and could have kept going for a while more. I might push it a bit on one of my runs soon and go for closer to an hour.

Now time to buckle down and get some serious studying done!
You inspired me to shoot for the ssst!!

4-2-18
Get up 40kg 1/1
1A swing 24kg 5/5
From Simple to Serious Endurance week 1 day 1 (modifying it by snatching for sets of 5 and doing each set when my HR has gone done rather than emom; so really, I am using it as a template)
24kg 5r x 10
32kg 5r x 2
-Focus is on hooking the bell with my fingers and not over-gripping it. Definitely have a lot of room to improve here, but it felt pretty good today!
-Going to use the 24kg primarily but want to work in some sets with 32kg when feeling strong and as my grip technique improves.
Kb front squats 2x32kg 3 x 8
Noah Marek (training account) on Instagram: “3 sets of 8 kettlebell front squats with 2x32kg follows by farmer’s carries with the same bells to finish today’s training session! Tough…”
Farmer's carry 2x32kg 3 x 1minute with about 1 minute rest between sets
-This was tough! Forearms had a serious pump afterward!
-I'm doing some carries so that I can continue to spend more time hooking the bell and gaining strength in this position.
Great day of training!

6A52816E-42AF-4F67-A4E0-4254B3CB4E51.png 4-3-18
Run- 29 minutes with walk to finish.
-felt a little under the weather so I jogged a bit slower than normal, well under my MAF.

Question for @Anna C and @Harald Motz , is there any way for the Polar H-10 HR monitor to track your distance without bringing your phone with you? I really prefer to disconnect from my phone while on runs, but I haven’t figured out how to track distance unless I bring it with me. Thanks in advance!

Question for @Anna C and @Harald Motz , is there any way for the Polar H-10 HR monitor to track your distance without bringing your phone with you? I really prefer to disconnect from my phone while on runs, but I haven’t figured out how to track distance unless I bring it with me. Thanks in advance!

Yes, that's one of the H10's features. Here's a video about how to do it. I have done it - it works!

@Anna C Thanks, I think I have been doing this, but it has been tracking everything except distance traveled during runs interestingly enough... Anyway, I will play around with it a bit more before my next run and will watch the video again. Thanks again!

4-4-18
Warm up- included side-stepping swings and goblet lunges inspired by Brett Jone's excellent recent article. I really enjoyed them!
From simple to serious endurance template week 1 day 2
Snatch
24kg 10 x 5r
32kg 8 x 5r
Noah Marek (training account) on Instagram: “Kettlebell snatches are my favorite. That is all ”
Push ups 3 x 20r
Had to shorten my workout a bit today but still was solid! Snatches felt good!

Last edited:
4-6-18
Get up 36kg 1/1
From simple to serious endurance template
Week 1 day 3
Snatch
32kg 10 x 5r
24kg 12 x 5r
1 arm press 32kg 5 x 2/2
Neuro grip push ups 3 x 10
-great training session. Felt good to do some overhead pressing, definitely one of my favorite lifts! I have been doing grease the groove overhead pressing lately and my presses feel stronger than ever!

4-7-18
Get up 36kg 1/1
From simple to serious endurance template week 1 day 4
Snatch 24kg 6 x 5r
32kg 2 x 5r
Swing 32kg 2 x 5r
-did this session only 16 hours after yesterday’s session and hands were not well recovered yet. Had to swap out snatches for swings on the final set. Next Saturday, I will do it later in the day.
MAF Run- 31 minutes with walk to finish
-snatch session wasn’t great due to hand condition but the run was solid.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom