all posts post new thread

Noah Marek's Training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
4-9-18
Get up 36kg 1/1
From simple to serious endurance template
Snatch 24kg 8 x 5r
32kg 8 x 5r
-did some sets with zero chalk and the rest with only chalking my fingers and not palms. This definitely felt better on my hands! From now on, I will be using less chalk for sure and continuing to experiment with it.
Double kettlebell front squats 2 x 32kg 4 x 8r
-Ouch.

4-11-18
Get up 40kg 1/1
From simple to serious endurance template
Snatch 24kg 6 x 5r
32kg 26 x 5r
-Had a snatch breakthrough today! I realized I have been gripping too tightly at the bottom portion of the snatch, and so I focused on keeping a loose and more relaxed grip at the bottom. Managed 130 snatches with 32kg! So happy with this! I did end up with a small blister on my left hand, but i’m ok with that. I’m just happy with the technique improvement and that my volume should really start to go up!
Push ups 3 x 20r
-unlike @Timothy Friel , I specify sets and reps ;]
-great training day!

Last edited:
4-14-18
After 2 days totally off due to a busy schedule, it felt great to train today!
MAF Run- 33 minutes with walk to finish.
-ran over some gentle hills and it felt great. I have really been enjoying running and the positive effects I am gaining from it!

4-15-18
MAF Run- 30 minutes with walk to finish
-I continue to be impressed by running. My endurance, cardiovascular fitness, and running efficiency have all improved in the last month or two of running. My goal is to continue running 3x per week but inevitably some weeks will only hold 1-2 since my weekdays can get pretty busy and I like my sleep ;].
-Tomorrow should be back to snatching. After I got my blister, I have chosen to take 4 full days off to let it heal. I feel that doing swings hinders how fast it heals so that is why I have only been doing running and get ups.

4-16-18
Get up 40kg 1/1
A+A snatch 24kg 6 x 5r
32kg 6 x 5r
-Even after giving my hands 4 whole days off in a row, blister still was not fully healed and got aggravated again tonight... :confused: I was patient to wait that long but I guess I really just need to wait until the skin looks fully healed. It's not too bad so I think it will be good to go by Friday but if not, I will be patient!
Goblet squats 48kg 4 x 10r
-Felt a little sick after this! Not easy!
1A rows 32kg 3 x 10/10
1A curls 25lb 2 x 10/10
Push ups 2 x 10
Ended up being a solid training session! I just need to be content to do without snatches whenever I have a blister.

4-18-18
Hands were finally good enough to snatch so basically I just did a snatch technique day. Did some ladders and some sets that I just stopped when I had a bad rep and pinched the palm callus.
Snatch 24kg 98 reps
32kg 79 reps
-focus was on hooking the bell and skipping the palm callus
Push ups 3x15
Pull ups 3x7

4-20-18
Deadlift 135lb x3, 225x3, 275x3, 315x3, 350 (2x bw) x3
-happy to be able to deadlift 2x bodyweight for a relatively comfortable triple after 4 months completely away from barbells!
Bench press 45lb x3, 135x3, 155x3, 185x3, 205x3
-205 for 3 felt really good!
Snatch 24kg (2,4,6) x 6
-72 snatches total

The barbell lifts felt really good today! May have to get back to some of them more consistently this summer...

4-21-18
Run- 23 minutes with walk to finish.
-While I have been enjoying running, I think I will just shoot for one run a week right now. My schedule is only getting busier so I will do 3 strength training sessions and 1 run each week to keep it simple.
-also I am starting to grease the groove with CoC grippers again. I just need to start slow and stay consistent with it!

4-21-18
Pm training
Had some extra time this evening so I decided to move around for a bit.
After a couple arm bars,
“Workout of the week” by Hector G. (Strongashec)

24kg x 4,3,4,3,4
-this is a per arm protocol with a 2 second pause in the rack and in the lockout for every rep.
-I really enjoy his content a lot and this training session was awesome! Felt good to go slow and focus on technique with a medium weight.
After this, did some stretching and various active flow type movements for about 15 minutes. I’m pretty sore from yesterday’s deadlifts so it felt soooo good!

4-23-18
I have been reading Starting Strength so I decided to run it but in a more freestyle kind of way for now. I will do it 1-3x per week depending on my schedule and snatches.
Low bar squat 225 3x5
-first time ever doing them and the rack position felt awful. I watched some videos afterward and think I have a better understanding. I will experiment next session but may just revert to my previous squat technique which is in between high bar and low bar.
Bench 155 3x5
Deadlift 255 1x5
-Did deadlifts using a double overhand grip. I love the feel of it and the challenge on the grip!
-I started nice and light so that I can get some solid linear progress for a while. I’m also doing warm up sets but am not going to log those here.
Pull ups 2x5
Kettlebell snatch RM test with 24kg without slowing cadence: 20L, 20R
-did this for an upcoming snatch protocol I have signed up to test out.
-great training day! Getting back to the barbell feels great!

By chance, is that Snatch Plan 384 from Hector Gutierrez? If so, I signed up to check it out, but I may not have enough bells. I think 24 is too light for my 5-7RM, but I can't do 32 at all. So 28 is probably right but I don't have a 28 to try it. Plus it's a lot of volume on top of RoP...

4-23-18
I have been reading Starting Strength so I decided to run it but in a more freestyle kind of way for now. I will do it 1-3x per week depending on my schedule and snatches.
Low bar squat 225 3x5
-first time ever doing them and the rack position felt awful. I watched some videos afterward and think I have a better understanding. I will experiment next session but may just revert to my previous squat technique which is in between high bar and low bar.
Bench 155 3x5
Deadlift 255 1x5
-Did deadlifts using a double overhand grip. I love the feel of it and the challenge on the grip!
-I started nice and light so that I can get some solid linear progress for a while. I’m also doing warm up sets but am not going to log those here.
Pull ups 2x5
I believe we are about to do the same test protocol. At 20 reps a arm wouldn't the 24 be to lite for you? I got 15 a arm with the 32 with a few reps to spare so was gonna go with that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom