all posts post new thread

Old Forum Strength fixes everything or is it just God?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
very eloquently put Connor: and how often do we realize through our trials that we actually desire something different than we were originally seeking?

interesting topic i have a problem that is getting worse not better no matter how hard i try so this means god is punishing me because i’m a bad person?
Theologically, no. When "bad" things happen, it can happen as a means of bettering the person. Remember, God's ways are not our ways, and what is good for us is not always what we think.

John 9:1-3
And Jesus passing by, saw a man, who was blind from his birth: And his disciples asked him: Rabbi, who hath sinned, this man, or his parents, that he should be born blind? Jesus answered: Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents; but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
When my shoulders were hurting, I viewed it as a correction, a way to get myself focused on what is most important, and not to be inordinately focused on strength of the mortal body.

Whatever we are given, we should use it for good, whether it be strength or weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he [God] said to me: My grace is sufficient for thee; for power is made perfect in infirmity. Gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

Daniel,

No. God is not punishing you. God is Love. He loves you. There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

He is crazy about you.

what's up with all the religiony stuff? The flying Spaghetti monster is not pleased!

Wow, ok...

Strong first is a universal truth. Its means and measures are not. Rico people here are just talking about strength. It so happens to be focused around God. I'm one sorry a#@ Christian, and yet He watches over me like the birds of the sky.

"trying really hard" Daniel as mentioned if you still are trying God has given you the tools to get the job done. I started PT at the age of 6 and things did not start to happen until almost 40 years later, so try really hard.

"Problems define you" FYI CP is the least of my problems. I have another disease causing me to go deaf and blind which there is no cure. Hearing is almost gone and already blind in one eye with the other following suit. Never once felt like God was out to get me. My list of crap I deal with does not end with that either. None of it is me!

free will - Without free will we would have not have survived as a spies let alone become the most dominate on Earth. Christians call it free will. Science calls it the ability to reason. It all about making choices. Do you want to be at the top of the food chain or the bottom? The choice is yours. Strong first!

And to John Roberts (JR) Dude, none of this would have happened without you!! feel proud about the huge part - huge- that you played and continue to play in this journey.  You've been by my side every step.  My brother in strength and best friend in life - the meaning of BFF!!

tim i am confused if god is love than how can he stand the existence of hell which as far as i understand it is eternal suffering.  i hope you can excuse my poor understanding of theology.  i am jewish so maybe this is condemnation on me since i am not "in Christ Jesus" but i was born as a jew since my parents are jews so i dont understand why i should suffer for actions of other people before i am even born.

Daniel,

It is I who must ask you for forgiveness. I was only trying to lift you up, I did not mean to offend you. OR anyone else for that matter. Please understand, I am certainly not condemning you or judging you. I only meant to lift you.

You'll have to excuse my poor understanding of theology as well. I am no theologian. I only believe what the Word says. The Word says that God is Love. I just believe it. And, I am in love with God.

I also believe that God doesn't want anyone to go to hell nor does He want you to suffer for actions of others before you are even born. But, this may need to be a discussion somewhere other than strongfirst. If you would like, we can talk more about this - friend to friend. My email address is TAsfitness@earthlink.net. If you do want to talk, just send me a message. If you want to yell at me, you can still send me a message. I understand either way.

Again, I was only intending to help.

Tim

@Daniel - it's a logical implication of this concept... a robot girlfriend wouldn't really love you back.

i am jewish so maybe this is condemnation on me since i am not “in Christ Jesus” but i was born as a jew since my parents are jews so i dont understand why i should suffer for actions of other people before i am even born.
For religious guidance, you might want to ask those who you see as having authority for you. The mix of us here are just giving our own perspectives.

I am Catholic for instance, and can only give my perspective. Others may have given less orthodox Christian perspectives. But, we are all just trying to help.
tim i am confused if god is love than how can he stand the existence of hell which as far as i understand it is eternal suffering.
God is, in your scriptures, described as "merciful" and "just", without qualification. If all the ways of God are merciful and just, then there is a perfection that we cannot understand. Like a child who does not understand his parents, we cannot understand the eternal God. When our flesh is dust, we may have a very different perspective on the pleasures and pain of life.

As for hell, there are various perspectives on that, but consider why you would think it is incompatible with a loving God. Is it because you think that we are born deserving of the highest glory? Perhaps hell is merely Heaven experienced by those who have rejected God. Would not the love of God be painful to those who are unwilling to receive it? Or perhaps it is the act of the highest love and justice that God has made a place for those who desire to be away from God, even though as creatures of God, our beginning and end is God, and without God, we have no happiness for all good things come from God.

what’s up with all the religiony stuff? The flying Spaghetti monster is not pleased!
nico ramaekers, not everyone believes what you believe, so you might want to have a little more respect. The responses here are appropriate for the original poster.

If it is fairy tales to you, then it is meaningless and you can safely ignore it. You do not need to state your objection to our (diverse) beliefs. There is nothing at stake for you.

hahaha it depends--i'm sure those of us with the standard kind occasionally yearn for a sleep mode button :)

I am new here to these forums, but I am glad to say I am not the first to be completely impressed with the caliber of people found on this forum and thread .  I am a pastor with formal theological education, but I am also on my quest to become an SFG in Aug.  I just want to add that if anyone out there does truly have questions concerning these matters, then please do not waste another moment in finding answers.  The body is temporary and health is fleeting and can change in an instant (yet I aim to honor God with what He has given 1 Cor 6:20), BUT the soul is eternal and worth infinitely more.  "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, if he loses his soul?"  bsalazarpersonaltraining@gmail.com

<a title="View HerrMannelig's profile" href="http://www.strongfirst.com/forums/users/herrmannelig/">HerrMannelig</a> : I fail to see how I am disrespectfull when I ask the valid question why posts on religion are being made on a fitness forum.

I do however think your own remark can be applied to yourself: not everyone believes what you believe, so you might want to have a little more respect, so in discussing this kind of stuff maybe you should it in an appropriate place... after all you don't see me posting about my personal religous and/or filosophical views.

You do not see me advocating or discussing my religous and/or filosophical views here, as it is a FITNESS forum. I consider a matter of respect not to pollute forums with off-topic posts.

Nico,

I have to respectfully disagree.  This strength forum allows us to communicate the practices which allow us to optimize our strength, in all six dimensions of health.  To quote the late Glenn Morris from his book, "Path Notes of an American Ninja Master";
Enlightenment is a biological process which has intellectual consequences. It can only be achieved through disciplining the body, which allows for the resurrecting of the spirit. Resurrecting the spirit means strengthening and entraining the body's electro- chemical fields and hormonal systems normally thought of as the parasympathetic nervous systems and gaining control over the "flight/fight response.'' People familiar with esoteric or occult traditions may refer to this as opening and aligning the chakras, or if you've read into Taoist medical practice, running the micro- and macrocosmic orbits to "harmonize" the mind, spirit, and body. Religious people may experience this as union with god as the spirit gains ascendance. Yogis and ninjas both may refer to it as following the light, and Zen practitioners as following the breath.

I see enlightenment as a process of reeducating the mental structures which support the ego (the learned self and particularly the negative aspect sometimes referred to as the superego) to allow the id- which is grown up and housebroken though some- what childish to run the show. The result is not psychosis but transcendence if the practitioner is altruistic, trusting, and impeccable (pursuing truth not perfection, not sinning, or missing the goal) in his or her practice of intention. Once the process starts it is almost impossible to stop, as it is a natural biological need to be righteous.

Without "religious" practices, of which there is a common human inheritance across all cultures regardless of faith, we cannot fully express our potential.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom