all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Strength has greater purposes

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
No, we're not _that_ picky. See if you can find the other post, and you can decide for yourself - if you want me to delete this entire thread, I can, but first have a look and see if you're OK with that. I'm fine with it either way.

-S-

Either that kid has perfected the dead hang at a ridiculously early age or else he is held up by something else. And it's not clear why the other two people are so useless - they must be sending thoughts and prayers

While the climber is no doubt capable, and this is a good case to use a 'tactical' pullup grip for real world carryover, it reeks of a staged crisis. The other adult (parent?) has his hands on the child a full 10 seconds before the climber reaches them and is easily within grabbing distance.

Either that kid has perfected the dead hang at a ridiculously early age or else he is held up by something else. And it's not clear why the other two people are so useless - they must be sending thoughts and prayers

40 seconds plus!

infants are born with a reflex that allows them to hang for a long time, even by one hand

I forget which age they start to lose this at..

An old buddy of mine climbed up six stories that way to the balcony of a rented oceanside condominium. He'd locked the keys inside and had run out of beer on the beach.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom