all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Strength Shortcuts - Geoff Neupert

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Took a quick glance over it. I’ve used a lot of Geoffs work over the years, Strong Burn etc and you can see elements of these in the booklet. Back when Geoff was active his emails were golden. His understanding of programming is second to none. Nice to see him active in the SF arena again. Would love to see his take on SF endurance as Geoffs earlier work would have had higher rep work. Although his review of Q and D was very positive so it would great to see him program in this area.
From memory I can’t recall him writing about DVO or mini sessions before. I like the look of them. Interesting..

I have not followed the program, but I also took many concepts as @Bauer. I very often split my session throughout the day and do it not warmed up. For instance, I have splitted swings during the morning, and then took 15 minutes at noon for tgu during S&S. I think it's a nice shift in direction from his previous work.

Would it make achieving s&s quicker or easier since you can giver er hell and concentrate on one aspect at a time?

I have been using this template extensively for roughly 3 years now..

Definitely gold for busy and stressed people

can you elaborate how you’ve set it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
It also loosely follows Amen Ra exercise recommendation of cardio type in the morning (ie swings portion of s&s) and resistance type at night before meal (ie tgu portion of s&s).
But, does Pavel approve?

It also loosely follows Amen Ra exercise recommendation of cardio type in the morning (ie swings portion of s&s) and resistance type at night before meal (ie tgu portion of s&s).
But, does Pavel approve?
Pavel has commented on GTG swings saying they bring benefits. I have no doubt he approves, at least for some sessions.

But, does Pavel approve?

The landing page has this quote:
"Strength Shortcuts = Russian in spirit methodology + masterful program design Geoff Neupert is known for.
I highly recommend it."
—Pavel Tsatsouline

I split up my s&s session like I mentioned. Swings in the morning and tgu just now. My takeaways.
1. Laser focus and commitment. You know you just have this wee bit to do.
2. Really feels like you didn't do anything or enough. I know sometimes s&s feels like not enough as is, but splitting it up is worse.
With the way my new job is, I will do full s&s sessions on work days so i can get it done and out of the way. On home days i will split it up. I think this will be the best. Thank you Geoff and Pavel.

@HUNTER1313 also, when you only have 15-20 minutes for training you can still get you swings in talk-test based. And see if you can add some get ups here and there later.

can you elaborate how you’ve set it up?

micro 1/warmup to groove any skills I may be testing

micro 2 main training session

usually 30 minutes

afternoon or evening micro
another skill session for any skills I may be testing soon

so for example I used the bar military press as paet of my warmup, a conditioning micro PM session of snatches

I’m starting the single kettlebell hypertrophy protocol tomorrow:
9D3EAAAB-7B4E-4BAD-8598-A2EE6D6477D9.jpeg
Even if the morning TGUs are just continuous unweighted “get-back-up’s”, it’s a good morning routine. And I can certainly fit a 15’ single-movement-focus practice in my day around whatever else I’m doing.

View attachment 9487
Even if the morning TGUs are just continuous unweighted “get-back-up’s”, it’s a good morning routine. And I can certainly fit a 15’ single-movement-focus practice in my day around whatever else I’m doing.
Yeah, I think the two single-KB programs look really awesome. A bit like a more Easy Strength (or Easy Hypertrophy :D ) variant of ROP or a nice application of the Total Package plan. Swings could be done S&S, A+A, or Q&D style (044).

I'd be interested to hear about your experiences :)

Yeah, I think the two single-KB programs look really awesome. A bit like a more Easy Strength (or Easy Hypertrophy :D ) variant of ROP or a nice application of the Total Package plan. Swings could be done S&S, A+A, or Q&D style (044).

I’ll probably do swings 10 on 1:30, and snatches 7-8 on 1:30 or 3-4 on :45, so definitely AGT either way.

View attachment 9487

Awesome! Looking forward to a review later! (y)

A+A style swings would just take too long for this kind of training program! But Q&D could work.

A question to all in here: what about warm up?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom