all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Strength threshold for Quick and Dead

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marino

Level 5 Valued Member
Strong people do best on Q and D. How strong to get good results? Is it Simple or Solid or Sinister? And if you use barbells is it a 500lb deadlift plus 1.5 x bw bench?

Asking the question to help decide if to go back to SnS or carry on with Q and D. I’m probably at Solid and a 400lb deadlift. Don’t bench yet.

Strong people do best on Q and D. How strong to get good results? Is it Simple or Solid or Sinister? And if you use barbells is it a 500lb deadlift plus 1.5 x bw bench?

Asking the question to help decide if to go back to SnS or carry on with Q and D. I’m probably at Solid and a 400lb deadlift. Don’t bench yet.
What are your goals? What are you training for?

Read Q&D again.
It clearly states that Q&D is an option after you meet the Simple goal.

You say that you are probably already on solid, so I assume that you have already achieved Simple.

So in your case maybe, S&S can be a good program for you. Depending on your objective of course.

I'm listening to the Audiobook version and currently up to the part about power push-ups. P. 67, "a bodyweight bench press is the strength minimum for doing power pushups without a band assist." That's a very high bench press for women - I can bench about 140 lbs at a bodyweight of 175 lbs. But it also says "If you do not bench, 20 strict and slow push-ups are an acceptable proxy for a bodyweight bench press." I can do that. I'm not sure if those two things correlate better for men than women, or light people vs. heavy people, but anyway... that's one of the strength standards mentioned. Not for entry, but for how to execute.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom