Strengthshop

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Kettlebell' started by ibonhomme, Feb 13, 2018.

1. ibonhomme

ibonhomme Double-Digit Post Count

2. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Quadruple-Digit Post Count

ibonhomme likes this.
  3. cheldelformai

cheldelformai Triple-Digit Post Count

I have them. They're totally fine for your journey towards Simple.

Elena and ibonhomme like this.
  4. ibonhomme

ibonhomme Double-Digit Post Count

Thank you for your feedback.

cheldelformai likes this.
  5. Mirek

Mirek Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I have 32 kg bell from strengthshop.de and I can recommend it. Very good quality/price ratio.

Kettlebelephant and ibonhomme like this.
  6. ClaudeR

ClaudeR Triple-Digit Post Count

I have a trapbar, a barbell and a 32kg kettlebell from them, and they are all very good!
    They do put various items on sale from time to time, keep an eye out for that too (that is how I got my KB and barbell for ridiculously cheap)

The powdercoat is decent also, although I wouldnt’t throw them around on concrete or so... but no rough edges or bumps, good on the hands

Go for it

Kettlebelephant and ibonhomme like this.
  7. Brookes

Brookes Triple-Digit Post Count

Can somebody post a few close details shots of a Strength Shop kettlebell? Especially from the coating. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  8. Harald Motz

Harald Motz Quadruple-Digit Post Count Certified Instructor

go to the strengthshop.de site and you have high quality pictures of each and every bell with zoom function.

They are as perfect as a bell can get in my opinion. I worked with strengthshop bells from @Christian Gelderblom on Saturday. They are around 2€ per kg which is a fair price + transportation fee.

Otherwise I am content with the bells from muskelzone.de (8,12,16,32) 2€ per kg, and for ordering 100€+ without any transportation fee.

9. Brookes

Harald, many thanks for the tips! Good to know, that the pictures are reliable!

I recently had other experiences regarding reliability of advertised pictures:
    I bought a light Suprfit Econ for my girlfriend and was so impressed with the quality, that I ordered a Suprfit Elite for myself, which was quite a dissapointment. Looks like a nice coating similar to the DragonDoors in the pictures. But in real life the coating is sharp and rough like grit paper. After 5 test cleans there was a spot on my forearm where all hair and lots of skin went missing...

ibonhomme likes this.
  10. cheldelformai

+1, the pictures are realistic (the single kb pictures have more definition than the kb package ones), but I will take some this evening when I get home and I will post them.

Brookes and ibonhomme like this.
  11. cheldelformai

As promised, here are the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Glen and Brookes like this.
  12. cheldelformai

I would also add, that a few months ago I accidentally dropped the 24 doing swings.
    Literally nothing happened... to the bell. I cannot say the same of the floor :D

Brookes and ibonhomme like this.
  13. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Quadruple-Digit Post Count

@cheldelformai Thanks for the pics! That looks pretty good. I'm considering purchasing future KBs from Strengthshop in the UK as Wolverson have yet to deliver my 40kg bell I ordered a week-and-a-half ago.

14. Brookes

Looks really sweet! How does the coating feel? Rather smooth or on the rougher side? Compared to a DD?

15. cheldelformai

It's not super smooth, but I wouldn't define it rough. For swings no problem at all. I don't do snatches yet.
    I cannot compare them to DDs, I only used DDs once a couple of years ago.

Brookes likes this.
  16. Brookes

cheldelformai likes this.
  17. Dogchapman7

Dogchapman7 Double-Digit Post Count

Hi Harald how did you find the comfort of them in the rack. The clearance I find isn't fantastic on my 24s and 32s yet my 28s is perfect. I have inner elbow pain wondering if its because I can't straighten my wrist 100% on lockouts during presses. Any ideas if it could be related

Attached Files:

18. Harald Motz

Harald Motz Quadruple-Digit Post Count Certified Instructor

I tested and measured my bells and and I can attest your findings, the 28 is the most comfortable.

You can have a better positioning by cleaning the bell with your index finger deep into the corner of the bell, that the handle is in a diagonal position into your palm. The space diagonally of the 'window' is bigger than in up down direction. When you have problems to get into good positioning with the clean try 'cheat clean' with both hands to figure out.

When a straight wrist is compromised by (hyper)extension it surely makes further alignment down the arm not better e.g elbow, shoulder.
    Personally it helps my press, get up, bent press tremendously when I flex my wrist.

Trickier is the problem with too little clearance with hardstyle snatching. This is really annoying. As I do lots of heavier snatching I find all my (heavier) bells I have could be 'better'. I have to focus to flex my wrist when punching through shortly before lockout with the snatch.