all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Strengthshop

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have a trapbar, a barbell and a 32kg kettlebell from them, and they are all very good!
They do put various items on sale from time to time, keep an eye out for that too (that is how I got my KB and barbell for ridiculously cheap)

The powdercoat is decent also, although I wouldnt’t throw them around on concrete or so... but no rough edges or bumps, good on the hands

Go for it

Can somebody post a few close details shots of a Strength Shop kettlebell? Especially from the coating. Thanks!

Last edited:
Can somebody post a few close details shots of a Strength Shop kettlebell? Especially from the coating. Thanks!
go to the strengthshop.de site and you have high quality pictures of each and every bell with zoom function.

They are as perfect as a bell can get in my opinion. I worked with strengthshop bells from @Christian Gelderblom on Saturday. They are around 2€ per kg which is a fair price + transportation fee.

Otherwise I am content with the bells from muskelzone.de (8,12,16,32) 2€ per kg, and for ordering 100€+ without any transportation fee.

go to the strengthshop.de site and you have high quality pictures of each and every bell with zoom function.

Harald, many thanks for the tips! Good to know, that the pictures are reliable!

I recently had other experiences regarding reliability of advertised pictures:
I bought a light Suprfit Econ for my girlfriend and was so impressed with the quality, that I ordered a Suprfit Elite for myself, which was quite a dissapointment. Looks like a nice coating similar to the DragonDoors in the pictures. But in real life the coating is sharp and rough like grit paper. After 5 test cleans there was a spot on my forearm where all hair and lots of skin went missing...

Last edited:
As promised, here are the pictures.

IMG_20180219_222352.jpg

IMG_20180219_222454.jpg

@cheldelformai Thanks for the pics! That looks pretty good. I'm considering purchasing future KBs from Strengthshop in the UK as Wolverson have yet to deliver my 40kg bell I ordered a week-and-a-half ago.

Looks really sweet! How does the coating feel? Rather smooth or on the rougher side? Compared to a DD?

It's not super smooth, but I wouldn't define it rough. For swings no problem at all. I don't do snatches yet.
I cannot compare them to DDs, I only used DDs once a couple of years ago.

They are as perfect as a bell can get in my opinion. I worked with strengthshop bells from @Christian Gelderblom on Saturday. They are around 2€ per kg which is a fair price + transportation fee.

Otherwise I am content with the bells from muskelzone.de (8,12,16,32) 2€ per kg, and for ordering 100€+ without any transportation fee.
Hi Harald how did you find the comfort of them in the rack. The clearance I find isn't fantastic on my 24s and 32s yet my 28s is perfect. I have inner elbow pain wondering if its because I can't straighten my wrist 100% on lockouts during presses. Any ideas if it could be related

Attachments

• 20191029_212818.jpg
    20191029_212818.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20191029_212911.jpg
    20191029_212911.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191029_213007.jpg
    20191029_213007.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi Harald how did you find the comfort of them in the rack. The clearance I find isn't fantastic on my 24s and 32s yet my 28s is perfect. I have inner elbow pain wondering if its because I can't straighten my wrist 100% on lockouts during presses. Any ideas if it could be related
I tested and measured my bells and and I can attest your findings, the 28 is the most comfortable.

You can have a better positioning by cleaning the bell with your index finger deep into the corner of the bell, that the handle is in a diagonal position into your palm. The space diagonally of the 'window' is bigger than in up down direction. When you have problems to get into good positioning with the clean try 'cheat clean' with both hands to figure out.

When a straight wrist is compromised by (hyper)extension it surely makes further alignment down the arm not better e.g elbow, shoulder.
Personally it helps my press, get up, bent press tremendously when I flex my wrist.

Trickier is the problem with too little clearance with hardstyle snatching. This is really annoying. As I do lots of heavier snatching I find all my (heavier) bells I have could be 'better'. I have to focus to flex my wrist when punching through shortly before lockout with the snatch.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom