all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Stretches/mobility drills with a broomstick

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nacho

Level 6 Valued Member
I often do shoulder dislocation drill with a broomstick but that`s about it.

Ran into this on YouTube and I must say it feels good.

What are your favourite ones using a broomstick? Im thinking I could create a little routine to practise during a workday but I want to keep it minimalist...
Overhead squat might be a good one?

Overhead squat might be a good one?

Overhead Cossack squat with the PVC pipe is my current favorite. That hits a lot at one time -- shoulder mobility, upper back warm-up, hip mobility, leg muscle warm-up, and leg stretch.

Any chance we could a video of this? I'm having a hard time picturing it. And why a PVC pipe and not a broomstick? Any particular size/thickness of pipe?

Any chance we could a video of this? I'm having a hard time picturing it. And why a PVC pipe and not a broomstick? Any particular size/thickness of pipe?

Broomstick works fine. There's usually a bucket full of PVC pipes in gyms with barbells to use in patterning and teaching movements. About the thickness of a bar is suggested, but it doesn't matter much.

Here you go:

Overhead Cossack squat with the PVC pipe is my current favorite. That hits a lot at one time -- shoulder mobility, upper back warm-up, hip mobility, leg muscle warm-up, and leg stretch.
Thanks Anna, I'm going to try this one out!

One of my go-to's is an Iron Curtsy, which I learned from this article by Karen Smith.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom