all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Strong Endurance 033c questions

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mark reinke

Level 2 Valued Member
Questions at bottom.

Context:

I am prepping for a rucking event and a 3 day, ~40 mile Backcountry hike.

I'm a couple of weeks into the strong endurance 033c protocol. I'm using a 32kg bell.

When I tested baseline at the beginning of the protocol, I settled with the 32 because I thought that if it wasn't hard enough I could "just add more power"...

The protocol combines push ups and either one hand swings or 2 hand over speed swings in sets of 5 or 10.

After a few weeks of practice, I'm certain that I can move to a 36 and keep the power very high.

I press after 1-2 sessions per week for 3-5 singles with a 32. Will try a 36 in the coming week or two.

I'm combining the 033c with 1-2 rucks per week at about 50lb. These rucks are between 60 and 180 min and duration depends mostly on available training time or frequency.

I do pull ups (20-40 per session) and getups (3-5 per side per session) on 2-4 off days per week.

I have had one day where I felt some low back discomfort, as @aciampa suggested might happen if I was overtraining in this way. Since decreasing the ruck weight from 60lb, I have not experienced it again.

Questions:

1. Has anyone upped the load during the program and if so, how did it go?

2. Has anyone experimented with alternating or mixing presses and deadlifs after the swings and push-ups?

3. Does anyone have any feedback about optimal duration of running this program?

4. I need to get more overhead carries in. Any thoughts on how/when to do that would be awesome.

Many Thanks,

Mark

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom