all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Strong Endurance Info?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I get that but it is frustrating that this information hasn't been widely disseminated. The same seems to be happening with PlanStrong. I hope that Strongfirst isn't moving towards a business model based on keeping the good stuff for seminar attendees only.

Ask and you shall receive! Released today, Plan Strong for everyone: Plan Strong™ Custom Designed Strength Plan

Is S&S already a Strong Endurance program for the One arm Swing and a Plan Strong program for the Get Up?
No not really. StrongEndurance has specific rest intervals built in to stay out of glycolitic energy pathways...getting time enough to replenish your creatine phosphate stores...your aerobic base gets trained during your rest. You could apply StrongEndurance programming to S&S objectives, but then you're training a StrongEndurance protocol. As for Get Ups, S&S has less variability in load and volume than a Plan Strong approach would. Plus PS is geared more towards boosting your 1 (Technical) Rep Max while S&S we need that strength and strength endurance for the 10 reps. Hope that helps.

There are a zillion ways to skin a cat!

StrongEndurance has specific rest intervals built in to stay out of glycolitic energy pathways

@Martine Kerr, if I may humbly submit... Strong Endurance is not about avoiding glycolysis altogether--that is impossible. A more accurate way to look at the philosophy is that the work is intended to deplete the PCr system as quickly as possible and run, to a degree, above what your current aerobic metabolism can handle, then recover sufficiently. It can also be understood as running hard into the lactate system, then recovering. The "anti-glycolytic" moniker is a bit confusing, but it's another way to say the same thing.

The key features though are quick PCr depletion and subsequent recovery.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom