all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB strong first mma or kb shorts

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeffro

Level 6 Valued Member
@Pavel Macek in some videos wears SF MMA style shorts that look awesome, have a good split on the side, and aren't covered in skulls and flames and barbed wire graphics. Are they for sale anywhere?

Or does anyone have suggestions for general KB friendly shorts? Many shorts keep me hiking them up to get into a good hinge, and that is just silly, and impossible for 2 handed exercises. Or lots of gym shorts are just really baggy. suggestions?

sounds like you need shorter shorts.... trying runners shorts... they are pretty short.

Just buy shorter shorts that sit above the knee. I have a lot of shorts, some I cannot wear while doing any squatting/hinging because they catch my knees

I wear these to train in. They offer three lengths, above the knee, at the knee, and below the knee. They also are fairly tailored/trim cut, so there is not much "extra" material near the crotch, meaning you won't catch your thumb/fingers during the backswing.

HYLETE - Men's Athletic Shorts for Cross-Training

+1 to running shorts. Haven't use anything but running shorts for the last 15+ years simply for the mobility. Never had a problem in some UDT shorts either but they aren't as comfortable. Just cut a pair of old jeans real short ;)

Make sure get shorts that aren't too spacy in the crotch area and that are made of a softer textile. I once trained in cargo shorts that are wide in the crotch area and are made of a kind of rough material. On every backswing my wrists would slide over the crotch area of the short and after the session I had bruises on both wirst, the left side was actually bleeding a bit...
It was like burning your skin when sliding over a carpet with too much speed.

I'm realizing that women have the advantage here with the current style of "yoga pants" shorts, or whatever they are called. Definitely kettlebell friendly.

Always cracks me up when I see videos of men doing kettlebells, meticulously hiking the shorts up at the hip before the initial rep... but why bother, when they just fall back down for the set?

Always cracks me up when I see videos of men doing kettlebells, meticulously hiking the shorts up at the hip before the initial rep... but why bother, when they just fall back down for the set?
They don't fall all the way back down.

-S-

:D swing, put the bell down, pull up pants, pick up the bell, swing, put the bell down, pull up pants, pick up bell, ... x5

Like the classic book taught us, we (men) are from Mars...

I train in my undies, very free in movement. I train at home though ;). Also have never posted a technique critic vid either.

I wear compression shorts made for biking. I don't like things moving around in that area if you know what I mean and they don't chaff my wrist during swings. They also have padding in the crotch which keeps things nice and comfy.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom