all posts post new thread

Strong mobility

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Wednesday 25th July
Morning mobility routine.
That's it.

Thursday 26th July
Morning mobility routine. Pistol 3L+3R. OLP-OAP 3L+3R.

Strength session
Deadlift: 120kg x 3, 4, 3 (DOH), 130kg x 5 (1 DOH)

Soju and tuba (GTG)
3 triples @28kg
Felt easy.

I did not do the snatches today. I spent a significant part of the day walking, and was not willing to do snatches. Maybe tomorrow.

Friday 27th July
Morning mobility routine. Pistol L+R. OLP-OAP L+R.

Strength session
Deadlift: 120kg x 6 (DOH), 130kg x 3, 5 (1DOH), 140kg x 4, 130kg x 5, 150kg x 1
Heavy week, high volume. Happy to see the end of it.

I will see later if I do snatches or not.

Saturday 28th July
Morning mobility routine. Pistol 3L+3R. OLP-OAP 2L+2R.

Soju and tuba (GTG)
4 triples @28kg

Evening: "If all you have is a hammer, treat everything as a nail."
Yep, but my foot is definitely not a hammer. At least 1 cm deep into my left foot. I always pay attention and put all nails out of old planks of wood. Too bad not everybody does that. :(

Consequently, nothing on Sunday, walking with the help of a stick.

Monday 30th July
Morning mobility routine. Pistol right only. OLP right only, OAP left only.
Everything that needs a strong pressure on my left foot is out of the question for the time.

Bilateral work is doable, though. I cancelled deadlifts for today, but could press the kettlebell on both sides.

Soju and tuba (GTG)
5 triples @28kg
Solid.

Last edited:
Tuesday 31st July
Abbreviated morning mobility routine. No pistol, no OAP.

Strength session
Bench press: 70kg x 5, 3, 3, 3, 3
No deadlift, as I am not sure I can handle the heavy pressure on my left foot yet. Better be safe than sorry.

No snatches either.

Wednesday 1st August
Morning mobility routine. Pistol 3L+3R. OLP-OAP 1L+1R.
Left foot is now able to tolerate more pressure. I can walk normally and do pistols. Back to almost normal.

Soju and tuba (GTG)
6 triples @28kg
Started at 6AM, every 30 min.
First sets were not that good. It improved over time. End of the cycle.
Cleans have progressed the most, in my opinion, which is a very nice side-effect of the program.

Thursday 2nd August
Morning mobility routine. Pistol 3L+3R. OLP-OAP 2L+2R.

No strength or power training today. I will stay fresh to test my bell press tomorrow.

I have been practicing the Oxygen advantage exercises for a few weeks. My BOLT was 37 sec this morning, starting from just about 15 sec when I started. Steady progress.

Friday 3rd August
Morning mobility routine. Pistol 3L+3R. OLP-OAP L+R.

Test day.
KB press:
- 24kg x 2 (feeling so light I checked if it was not a 16kg)
- rest
- 28kg x 1 (light)
- rest
- cheat clean 40kg. Not confident yet to do a real clean, but soon, as it did not feel that heavy (until I had to keep it in the rack)
- rest
- test 32kg. Failed.
- rest
- test 32kg. Failed.
- rest
- test 28kg: 4 good reps each sides.
A bit disappointed. It just confirms that I am a high endurance lifter with the KB press and can lift a lot close to my 1RM. I need to spend some time with max tension drills.

Now I go on bodyweight primarily for the next two weeks. Pistols, one-arm pushups goes into GTG mode. I will also start working on getting myself ready for handstand pushups.

Monday 6th August
Wake-up BOLT 32.
Morning mobility routine. Pistol 2R+2L. OLP-OAP L+R.

Strength session
KB press: 24kg x 2 (very light), 28kg x 1 (easy), 32kg (did not go up).
I had to try again... Funny how 28kg feels easy but 32kg does not go up.
Bench press: 70kg x 4, 4, 3, 3, 3

Mobility
Z-press @20kg, loaded straddle (12 and 16kg), tactical frog.

Then GTG Pistol and OLP-OAP, as I will for the next two weeks.

From Tuesday to Tuesday: travel to family in France.

I switched to The Naked warrior, keeping it easy (low volume and reps). A few sets a day, ranging from 1 to 5 pistols, 1 to 3 OLP-OAP, and at one occasion the full OAOLPU. Doable everywhere with no warmup and no need to change clothes.
Mobility routine every morning too.

Monday 20th August
Back to training. Morning mobility routine. Pistol R+L, OLP-OAP L+R.

Strenght session
Deadlift: 120kg x 5, 130kg x 5
Mostly alternate grip. Easy start.

Barbell press: 45kg x 5, 50kg x 2, 3
Easy start too. Paying attention to the clean: not jerking the weight off the ground (tense the triceps, lock elbow, pull, then accelerate). 50kg did not feel hard, so all good.

Assistance
Bench press: 65kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Pistols, One-leg pushups, One arm pushups: GTG, maintenance mode, singles and doubles.

Mobility
Side split work.

Tuesday 21st August
Morning mobility routine. Pistol R+L. OLP-OAP L+R.

Strenght session
Barbell press: 45kg x 5, 50kg x 4, 55kg x 3, 2
55kg passed quite easily. Pressing strength seems to have stayed.
Tensing triceps at the start of the clean to ensure a slow start. The barbell clean is very technical, I need to film myself more often on this one.
I added a pistol each leg between sets.

Deadlift: 120kg x 5, 130kg x 5, 140kg x 2, 3

DOH on the first set, and the first 2 reps of the second set, then alternate grip. Deadlifts have not suffered from the short lay off either.

Pistols, One-leg pushups, One-arm pushups: GTG, maintenance mode, singles and doubles.

I have not re-started swings and snatches yet. Maybe an easy session tomorrow. We'll see.

Wednesday: no time for training. Just a few pistols and OLP-OAP, singles only.

Thursday 23rd August
Abbreviated mobility routine, pistol R+L, OLP-OAP L+R.

I started an easy snatch session, 4 reps every 30 sec, alternating arm each set. Had to stop after 5 minutes, I felt a contraction on my left upper back.
I did not have time to go to the gym and do my barbell session (45kg x 7, 50kg x 4), so I did an almost equivalent KB press session instead, paying attention to be tight.
KB press: 24kg x 7+7, 28kg x 4+4

Relaxing stretches in the evening, trying to relax my contracted back muscle. We'll see tomorrow how it feels.

Friday 24th August
Morning mobility routine. Pistol R+L. OLP-OAP L+R.

Still some pain on my upper back muscle when doing some movement. No swings or snatches for now.

Strength session
Tightness!
BB Press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 3, 5
Having this muscle issue forces me to be really tight and have perfect form. It feels a bit heavy, but I did all 20 presses.

Deadlift: 120kg x 5 (DOH), 130kg x 5 (2 DOH), 140kg x 4, 120kg x 5 (DOH)
Solid work.

My back muscles feel better after this session. Tightness followed by relaxation (fast and loose) works very well.

Sunday 26th August
Mobility routine. Pistol 2R+2L. OLP-OAP L+R. Leg swings.

Strength session
Deadlift: 120kg x 6 (DOH), 130kg x 4 (2 DOH)
BB Press: 45kg x 6, 50kg x 5

This is my Monday's session, that I have to do one day in advance, as I cannot train on Tuesday, so must do my Tuesday's session on Monday...
Low volume, low intensity. All lifts were easy, including the 5 presses at 50kg.

My pulled (?) muscle in the upper back feels a lot better, but I won't start ballistics just yet. A few more days before attempting swings.

Monday 27th August
Early morning mobility routine. No time for pistols, OLP-OAP, and leg swings. I'll do those later in the day.

Strength session
BB Press: 50kg x 4, 5, 55kg x 2, 60kg x 1, 50kg x 4, 5
Tensing triceps for the clean, to ensure a slow start with no bouncing. Still not super clean, but better for sure. I need to film it to check.
60kg was slow at the sticking point, but not super hard. Feels good. Therefore, 50kg feels (almost) light!

Deadlift: 120kg x 5 (DOH), 130kg x 4 (2 DOH), 140kg x 2, 150kg x 1

Bench press: 65kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Better than last week. It is going to be a long way to have a a not too bad bench.

Tuesday, Wednesday
Mobility routine.
A few pistols/OLP-OAP GTG in the day, 1 to 3 reps.
Side split progression work.

Thursday 30th August
Morning mobility routine. Pistol R+L, OLP-OAP L+R.

Strength session
BB Press: 50kg x 3, 45kg x 4, 50kg x 5
HLR: 5, 5

Easy and low volume.
Side split progression work.

Friday 31th August
Mobility routine.

Strength session
BB Press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 55kg x 2, 50kg x 3, 4, 5
Nice session. 55kg feels very solid. Building the base.

Deadlift: 120kg x 4, 130kg x 2, 4, 120kg x 5
All DOH except the last rep at 130kg. I am not forcing too much on the deadlift, as I want to prioritize presses.

Later, side split work (mostly relaxing stretch).

Monday 3rd September
Morning mobility routine. Pistol R+L. OAOLPU L + 1/2R.
I am still going to do OLP-OAP during the day, but I will also do at least one OAOLPU every day. Time for SFB recert is coming soon, and I want to make sure that I can perform the requirement any day.

Strength session

Deadlift: 120kg x 4, 130kg x 4, 140kg x 3
Not feeling very strong today. Almost all lifts with alternate grip.

BB press: 45kg x 5, 50kg x 4, 55kg x 2, 50kg x 5
55kg was a bit slow. First day of training of the week is sometimes not easy.

Swings
1H-swing: 24kg x 10 x 6 sets
Very low volume and very low intensity. I want to check everything is in order before upping the load. So far, so good.

Tuesday 4th September
Morning mobility routine. Pistol R+L. Leg swings.

One of those days, when I don't feel super in shape. Too bad it is also when I have planned one session with quite some volume and intensity...

Strength session
BB press; 50kg x 3, 4, 55kg X 2, 50kg x 5, 55kg x 4, 60kg x 1, 50kg x 4, 55kg x 2
Long session. 60kg was slow, but not overly difficult. I had a short pause at the sticking point, but with a good grind, it passed.

Deadlift: 120kg x 5 (3 DOH), 130kg x 4, 5, 140kg x 3, 150kg x 1, 160kg x 1
I had to really focus on wedging at 160kg, but when I did, it went up properly.

Then some Z-presses with 16/20kg.

Later,
Swing session
1H swing, EMOM: 32kg x 10 reps x 10 sets
I taped my mouth to ensure mouth breathing. Apart for mandatory nose breathing, it forces to breath a lot more calmly during the recovery. Breathing is mentioned in S&S, but (too) many people get through without really noticing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom