all posts post new thread

Strong mobility

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Tuesday 16th October
Light breathing, morning mobility routine.
In the day: cossack squat @16kg, sitting groin stretch with light isometric contractions.

Wednesday 17th October
Conditioning
Strong endurance Plan 044C.
Followed by 24kg kb press practice (2, 3, 2, 3).

Thursday 18th October

Strength session
Deadlift: 120kg x 4, 130kg x 3, 4, 5, 140kg x 4, 130kg x 3
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 55kg x 2, 60kg x 1, 50kg x 4, 3, 55kg x 3

Some volume work today, even though the intensity is not low. It went quite well. Deadlift was properly wedged, and the press felt strong.
Mobility
Cossack squats @20kg.
Sitting groin stretch with light isometric contractions, then loaded with 12kg.

Friday 19th October
The plan was to do my Strong endurance plan 044C session, but I was a bit short of time before going to the airport and fly to Paris for StrongFirst open day there.

Saturday 20th October
Mobility routine, unloaded cossack.
And a lot of practice of the 6 SFG1 with my French colleagues. I did not track, it was practice, not training.

Sunday 21st October
Open day. What a good feeling, at the end of the day to be able to helping spreading the word.
I did my Plan 044C session during a break for lunch (good that I do not eat in the day).
Loaded cossack @24kg

Tuesday 23rd October
Morning mobility routine.

Conditioning
Followed by a few KB press @24kg.

Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 3
Deadlift: 120kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 4, 3

My grip being worked with the snatches, I am avoiding too much DOH deadlifts at the moment. All were done with alternate grip.

I still have 3 weeks of this cycle. Enough time to think of the next steps. I will probably reintroduce the Bench press, as it is my weak lift, and some kind of squat (probably with kettlebells).

Mobility
Cossack squat @20kg
Sitting groin stretch with light isometric contractions, then loaded with 12kg, tactical frog series.

Wednesday 24th October
Morning mobility routine. Leg swings. Play with Indian club.

Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 55kg x 2, 3 (was hard), 50kg x 3
Fatigue, snatches from the previous day? It felt heavy today.

Deadlift: 130kg x 3, 4, 140kg x 2, 160kg x 1, 140kg x 3, 4, 3
Quite high volume at a high intensity (I weighed only 69,9kg this morning : there were 13 deadlift at or above double BW).
I felt that my start at 160kg was not that clean and that there was probably some lumbar rounding. Next time I have this weight, I need to film it. Funny thing is that once I have passed half the chin, all the lifts are relatively easy. My sticking point is at the bottom. Maybe I should start some deficit deadlift as assistance.

Conditioning
Aborted because of a lack of power in the first few snatches. Not really surprising, considering the deadlift session today.
Sometimes, it is good to do less to be able to do more later.

Mobility
Unloaded Cossack squats.
Sitting groin stretch, RIS.

Last edited:
Thursday 25th October
Nothing apart from some basic mobility work.

Friday 26th October
Morning mobility routine. Leg swings.

Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 3
I feel a bit beat up this week. Even 50kg did not feel as easy as it should.

Deadlift: 130kg x 3, 4, 3
All alternate grip. My lower back is still a bit fatigued after the heavy session from Wednesday, so it is not the time to be focusing on grip strength, but really on proper back alignement. Good that it was not a heavy session.

Mobility
Cossack @24kg
Sitting groin stretch with isometric contractions.
Tactical frog series.
Again sitting groin stretch with isometric contractions and added load 16kg x 3.

I saw my strong and flexible colleague and friend @Pierre Martini press easily his SFG2 bell and perform a perfect side split. I have some catching up to do!

Saturday 27th October
Every training has been postponed by one day because I was travelling on Monday.

Mobility routine, leg swings.
Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 55kg x 4, 3, 50kg x 3
55kg did not feel easy, and the 4th rep was slow, but it was better than yesterday. Hopefully, I just had a few low energy days.

Next week, I have quite a lot of heavy (for me) lifts. Ufff.

Monday 29th October
Light breathing. Mobility routine.

Strength session
Deadlift: 120kg x 6, 130kg x 3, 5
It is nice to be back. All DOH, except last set. I probably could have done it DOH too, but I want to spare my grip.

BB press: 45kg x 6, 50kg x 4
It was light and it felt so.

Mobility
Now the hard part of the training.
Leg swings.
Cossack @20kg (3 series).
Sitting groin stretch with isometrics, then loaded with 16kg.
Tactical frog series.

Mondays and Thursdays are going to be the heavy flexibility sessions. I need to put more structure into my flexibility training, the same way I have for the strength training.

Tuesday 30th October
Mobility routine. Bretzel.

Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 4, 55kg x 2, 60kg x 0, 0, 50kg x 5, 4
Despite a solid set at 50kg, then 55kg, I was stuck with 60kg. I tried again a few minutes later, and again stuck. Fatigue may start to accumulate. I finish the cycle and will change exercise. Time to go back to the bench?

Deadlift: 120kg x 5 (DOH), 130kg x 4 (1 DOH), 140kg x 3, 4, 150kg x 1, 160kg x 1, 140kg x 5, 4
That's 18 deadlifts at or above double bodyweight, and it went relatively well. 160kg was a bit harder at the start, as usual, but once it is around the knees, I can lockout without any issue.
My weakness is at the start. I will see if I introduce some variety here to improve there.

Mobility
RIS.

Wednesday 31th October
Mobility routine.

Conditioning
Back to the plan. I will limit it to two sessions a week, as my priority remains an increase in upper body strength. We will see how it goes.

Later today, if circumstances permit, I will do some RIS.

From Wednesday to today: trip to central Slovakia. Walking in the mountain, playing bowling, drinking beers and wine, visiting mines.

Saturday 3rd November
Mobility routine.
Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 3, 4, 5, 3
Hard at the first set, then it came all together.
Deadlift: 140kg x 4, 3, 150kg x 1, 140kg x 3, 4
I expected the deadlifts to be hard (all double BW, and after a few days of "aerobic activities"), but they were relatively easy. Happy with that.

One more week of this program. I think it is time to change gears (same but different). I am going to go back to more bench pressing, using BB press and KB press as assistance exercise. Deadlift is going on the low volume maintenance style, and squats (double KB front squat) are coming back.

Sunday 4th November
Mobility routine.

Conditioning
I used the Push band to check power output this time.
My right arm snatches have an almost constant power output through the session. My left snatches, on the other hand, have a lower and irregular power output. Interesting. I need to work on that left hand.

Monday 5th November
Light breathing. Mobility routine.

Strength session
BB press: 45kg x 4, 6, 50kg x 3, 5
Solid, good clean, easy. Better start this week.
Deadlift: 120kg x 7, 130kg x 3
All DOH. Easy. 120kg for 7 reps felt like cardio, though...

Mobility (heavy)
Leg swings.
Loaded Cossack @28kg x 3 sets.
Straddle with added load 12kg, then tactical frog series.

Tuesday 6th November
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Leg swings.

Strength session
BB press: 45kg x 5, 50kg x 5, 55kg x 3, 2, 1, 45kg x 8
Technique a bit on the lower side, bar going too much in front, especially when heavy. Not concentrated.

Mobility (light)
Leg swings.
Loaded cossack @20kg x 3 sets.
Flexible steel program minimum @20kg.

And additional 5 sessions of light breathing during the day. I just had the confirmation that I passed the exams and the case study as an Oxygen advantage instructor. Better apply to myself what I teach to others. :)

Wednesday 7th November

Conditioning
With the Push band. Power output is more regular on the left. It has been the focus of my session. I still have a lot of work to do.

Thursday 8th November

Strength session
BB press: 45kg x 3, 4, 5, 55kg x 2, 1
Deadlift: 130kg x 4, 3, 4, 3

Presses at 55kg a bit hard. Deadlifts easy. Last week of the cycle. Next week, I am on the road again. More kettlebells, less barbells, probably.

Mobility (heavy)
Loaded Cossack @16kg x 3 sets.
Straddle with added load 16kg, then tactical frog series.

Friday 9th November
Light breathing (+ a few other within the day). Mobility routine. Leg swings.

Strength session
BB press: 50kg x 3, 4, 5, 55kg x 4, 2, 50kg x 4, 5
Overall relatively easy. I was performing a better clean --> more tension kept at the start of the press --> all presses felt solid.
I also paid more attention to the bar path (vertical), and it of course made 55kg felt a lot lighter than yesterday.
Good feeling.

Mobility (light)
Leg swings.
Loaded cossack @20kg x 3 sets.
Flexible steel program minimum @20kg.

Next week is a transition week: I will travel with a pair of 24s, and just play with them.

Saturday 10th November

Conditioning
With the Push band. Still a significant difference between left and right hand, but both are getting more powerful. For quite some time, my training parameter to improve will not be the KB size, volume or density, but power output. After all, this is the goal of a snatch to display power.

Monday 12th November

Strength session
On the road. I have brought a pair of 24s with me. At the hotel in the evening:
(KB press: (2 x 24kg) x 1, rest, KB front squat: (2 x 24kg) x 1, rest) x 5
5 singles of each, in super-series.
Light start.
Refreshing.

Tuesday 13th November

Conditioning

Perfect plan to fit a busy schedule. I used the Push band again. Very good for real feedback. Now, my left snatches are catching up in power with the right ones.

Wednesday 14t November

Strength session
(KB press: (2 x 24kg) x 3, rest, KB front squat: (2 x 24kg) x 3, rest) x 5
I was limited in time so I did an EMOM approach. Press. Rest for the remaining of the minute. Squat. Rest for the remaining of the minute, etc.
In 10 minutes, it was done. But the last set of presses was hard.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom