all posts post new thread

Strong mobility

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Tuesday 5th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. OAOLPU, pistol. Leg swings.

Snatches
KB snatch, EMOM, alternating hand every minute: 24kg x 3+3, 28kg x 3R, 3L, 3R, 3L, 3R, 3L, 3R, 3L, 3R, 3L
I do it EMOM to simplify for the moment. With so few reps and a weight that stay reasonable, I can recover well enough for the next set. My HR monitor did not work, so I relied only the push band to track power.

Wednesday 6th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. OAOLPU, pistol. Leg swings.

ROP (heavy)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 5
I again took my time. At least as much rest, in minutes, as the number of reps I just did. It went quite well, I am surprised. I have reached five ladders with no trouble. Next week, I start to add another rung.
A nice side effect is that my clean has really improved.

Thursday 7th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. OAOLPU, pistol.

Today, I expected to do some snatches, but my left arm feels a bit uncomfortable, so I will avoid fast lifts today.
The ROP presses are progressing well, I don't want to risk anything just because I would like to snatch a heavier bell...

Friday 8th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU: very low, and then miss. At 5:30 in the morning, it was not a big surprise.

ROP (medium)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2) x 5
Was it easy? No, especially at 5:30.
Was it hard? Neither. This is the third time I have the exact same medium day (as I was climbing the ladder in heavy day), and it is was the easiest one, even if today, I did it in early morning. Maybe I am getting stronger, after all...

After 2 minutes of recovery, I tried the OAOLPU again. Good, controlled rep on each side.
Ready for the day. :)

Saturday 9th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU. Leg swings.
Done for the day.

Sunday 10th March

Conditioning
1H Swing: 32kg x 10 x 10
10 sets of swings, alternating left and right, alla Simple and sinister. Took around 11-12 minutes. Almost EMOM. The Push band showed the power output was decent and regular. Happy.

Monday 11th March
Sitting in the car for 2 hours...

ROP (light)
KB press: 28kg x 1 x 5
Setup. Clean. Press. Set down. Clean on the other side. Press. Set down. Start the timer. Short Fast and loose. Visualize the set. Walk and rest. After one minute or so, start again.
It took me about 6 minutes altogether. No need to change, no need to warmup, no drama. No excuse.

Tuesday 12th March

ROP (variety)
Swings: 28kg x 10 x 10
Windmill kneeling series

Getup: 24kg x 4 (alternating sides)

A+A heavy snatches are great, but do not go well with the heavy presses of ROP (heavy is relative, 28kg is 40% of my bodyweight), so I am switching for sings for a while.
I have not done a lot of getups lately, and none heavy, so I am going light and easy, with low volume, focusing on placement and technique.

Wednesday 13th March
With the Buteyko practice taking almost 25 minutes, this is not exactly a short routine, but I have been able to maintain all the elements of it almost every day. Feels good.

ROP (heavy)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3, 24kg x 4) x 2
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 3

Getting easier with 28kg and the 24kg is becoming the new 20kg.
I added two ladders with the 4th rung. I did not add more, even though I could have, to avoid going too fast. Let's get some time to build volume and not get greedy. If I take 3 weeks to add all five ladders, it is still a number good enough.

Thursday 14th March

ROP (variety)
Windmill kneeling series

I had planned to do a few getups too, but went to dinner instead.

Last edited:
Friday 15th March
Mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU.
Woke up a bit late...

Back home,
ROP (medium)
KB Clean and press:
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 2
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2) x 3

Just matching the heavy day, so again not exactly by the book. Good session.

Last edited:
Saturday 16th March
Recreative time in pool.
Afternoon mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU.
Rest day.

Sunday 17th March

ROP (variety)
1H-swing, EMOM: 32kg x 10 x 10
Back to the basics.
Not difficult. When I tried to swing again one-handed a 40kg a month ago during a break at the Paris SFG, I stopped at 3 reps because the bell was swinging me. Here I am still in control of the 32kg, even while not swinging it one-handed for month until last week. Current swing goal is to control the 40kg the way I control the 32 now.

Monday 18th March
I am very happy with pistols and OAOLPU. I do only singles, it is a practice. The pistol have become much easier. I can take my time down, pause at the bottom, and go up easily on both sides, while some times ago, I always wondered if I would be able to do a proper pistol. Ditto for OAOLPU. My idea was to do mainly OAP, and an occasional OAOLPU, but the OAOLPU has proven to be doable on a daily basis with little issue. Of course, I took a lot of time to build both skills before I practice them everyday. This is the key.

ROP (light)
KB press: (28kg x 1, 2) x 2, 28kg x 1 x 3
Done in the morning, before travelling. One rep was not very good, I struggled a bit and slightly lifted my heel, instead of pushing it hard to the floor. One point of attention for later. Other than that, it is going pretty well.

Tonight, it is going to be dinner, wine (I am still light enough not to pay to much attention, 68,8kg this morning), and Relax into stretch.

Tuesday 19th March
Late waking up...

Sometimes in the morning, I managed to do pistol and OAOLPU.

In the evening,
ROP (variety)
1H swings, EMOM: 28kg x 10 x 10
Easy practice.

Wednesday 20th March
Light wake up again. Managed to do light breathing, mobility routine, pistol, OAOLPU.

Evening
ROP (heavy day)
KB clean and press:
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3, 24kg x 4) x 4
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 1

Done relatively quickly, in about 40 min.
28kg is not feeling that heavy, 24kg is feeling light (almost like a recovery press), and the cleans have really improved. Good session.

Thursday 21st March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Leg swings.
Later in the morning, Pistol. OAOLPU. Not so solid. I suppose my body still feels yesterday's session.

ROP (variety)

Friday 22nd March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Pistol.
No OAOLPU today.

Back home,
ROP (medium)
KB Clean and press:
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 4

(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2) x 1

Saturday 23rd March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU.
Good OAOLPU again. I just have to go for an easier version the heavy day of ROP, now that the volume starts to be high.

Sunday 24th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU.
All good again.

Monday 25th March
Light breathing. Abbreviated mobility routine. Pistol. OAOLPU.

ROP (light)
KB Press:
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2) x 4
28kg x 1

Did not feel motivated enough this morning, so did it in the evening. Easy session, done in less than 15 min. ROP works.

Tonight, RIS.

Tuesday 26th March
Light breathing.
Later in the morning, mobility routine, pistol, OAOLPU, leg swings.
I had a swollen eye yesterday, a light headache. It is too soon to be an allergic reaction (spring is coming), so I wonder if it is a cleansing reaction with my increase of Buteyko practice. It is better already today and my CP has been up this morning, although not back where it was yet.

Pistols and OAOLPU were very solid. I am pausing at the bottom on both.

Conditioning
1H swings, EMOM: 28kg x 10 x 10

Wednesday 27th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine, pistol, OAOLPU, leg swings.

Earl evening, leg swings, then:
ROP (heavy day)
KB clean and press:
(28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3, 24kg x 4) x 5

Good cleans. Pleased with that. Perceived difficulty of the press is low, I feel I have reserve. Good. We'll see next week how it will be with the appearance of the ladder of 5 rungs!

Later tonight, again RIS.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom