all posts post new thread

Nutrition strong while dieting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I actually dont miss carbs that much. I snack on fruits in the morning.
Right now i am doing two meals

Meal 1
500g meat cooked in oil (around 3 tbsp) and veggies

Meal 2
5 eggs 3 tbsp olive oil
Veggies

And as a said snack on fruits in the morning.
It seems like a barbie doll diet in comparison to what i had before.
I am actually concered about the number of calories seem too low

@Deadlifter_ Even that I normally follow Warrior Diet, I have started to experiment eating twice a day. My plan is similar to yours. Only that I eat Meal 2 type of set for breakfast and Meal 1 for a late dinner. For example I usually eat 5-7 egg omelet stuffed with bell peppers, onions, carrots and mushroom for breakfast.

I have found this helpful for me Old Time Strongman Diets | Physical Culturist

Last edited:
Warrior diet does look very interesting i tried few times but ended up very hungry in the mid morning
It's something that many people seem to face on the WD... but you just need to work through it. Your body should adapt sooner or later

@offwidth: I have noticed too that some folks are hungry in the morning with WD. Including me. Maybe it's because I had so much weight to lose. Now it's getting easier. But still I like two big meals a day sometimes and I have noticed some benefits doing it.

It's something that many people seem to face on the WD... but you just need to work through it. Your body should adapt sooner or later

At the same time, you don't need to force your body to adhere to an arbitrary "diet". Just feed the morning hunger with a limited amount (a smaller meal) of natural foods. If you keep the foods natural and sugars to a minimum, your body will gently adapt over time. Some will find they can skip this meal, others may need two meals per day, for a plethora of reasons.

Whether in diet or training, if you bludgeon your body out of homeostasis with a sledge hammer, you can expect a flight or flight response... if you just nudge it out of homeostasis, you can expect adaptation.

@masa I don't have any context with which to answer your question. If whatever you're doing moves you towards better health, then its a good thing.

@aciampa; thank you for your response, sir. When I started to eat twice a day, I didn't notice any turn to worse. My bodyweight still degreased and my strength increased before my knee surgery. Now I haven't had a chance to train, but I still try to maintain a good diet.

Last edited:
Everyone, the WD book underplays, IMHO, the difficulty in adapting to the WD. I recommend going with the flow, e.g., try it only every other day for a while, then maybe try it Mon/Tue and Thu/Fri, and also experiment with eating at all the same times you used to eat, but think of having a snack instead of a meal, and then change that into just having a few bites of something to take the edge off your hunger. There are a lot of ways to adapt, and I've seen some people try the WD, fail, go off it altogether, then try again but more gradually and have it work for them the second (or third) time around.

-S-

At the same time, you don't need to force your body to adhere to an arbitrary "diet". Just feed the morning hunger with a limited amount (a smaller meal) of natural foods. If you keep the foods natural and sugars to a minimum, your body will gently adapt over time. Some will find they can skip this meal, others may need two meals per day, for a plethora of reasons.

Whether in diet or training, if you bludgeon your body out of homeostasis with a sledge hammer, you can expect a flight or flight response... if you just nudge it out of homeostasis, you can expect adaptation.
Agreed... shouldn't force stuff like this... or most things actually.

Everyone, the WD book underplays, IMHO, the difficulty in adapting to the WD. I recommend going with the flow, e.g., try it only every other day for a while, then maybe try it Mon/Tue and Thu/Fri, and also experiment with eating at all the same times you used to eat, but think of having a snack instead of a meal, and then change that into just having a few bites of something to take the edge off your hunger. There are a lot of ways to adapt, and I've seen some people try the WD, fail, go off it altogether, then try again but more gradually and have it work for them the second (or third) time around.

-S-

I can't agree more with this. A friend of mine, who's a long time advocate of kettlebells and a senior karateka got me onto WD but I've always struggled. But exaclty like Steve says, adaptation to something like WD is difficult. I've always tried the 'all or nothing' approach to this, which is why I'm not currently following the WD, and have never done so successfully! It's on the list of things for me to do, and I WANT to be able to do it because I've seen the results myself, but we'll see.

For those that can hack it, it's a potent option!

I've had difficulties with adaptation because of shift work. Basically any diet I've tried has suffered because of that. But with a two equal size meals a day I can play with the time change more easily.

Everybody wants to be in the 1000 lbs club, running a 5 minute mile, and having those chiseled abs, while also being a black belt at jeet kune do, playing sweet guitar licks, and driving F1 cars.

Except nobody has time for that or the energy. You have to make choices and priorities.

I have found that fasting or dieting, combined with S&S was the best way to be strong (maybe stronger) while getting slimmer. It doesn't have to be S&S, but the general rule is find a bare-bones program, limited to 2-3 exercises, while you're cutting back the eating. Even limiting yourself to 3 to 4 days a week for training might be called for. It's hard when you enjoy training and counterintuitive, but you need to have the courage to be "lazy".

Hello,

While dieting or not, I've noticed that workout on in the morning, before breakfast is benefic. At least it works for me.

Firstly it was fat loss (even if I am pretty lean by nature). I keep on working out before breakfast and keep getting stronger without exhaustion.

I don't think you can dieting all the time and keep on training without fatigue on the long term.

IMHO, healthy food (dieting or not) and regular training are all we need.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Everybody wants to be in the 1000 lbs club, running a 5 minute mile, and having those chiseled abs, while also being a black belt at jeet kune do, playing sweet guitar licks, and driving F1 cars.

You forgot being a craftsman of glorious woodworking capabilities and hunting and killing your own wild meat ;)

You forgot being a craftsman of glorious woodworking capabilities and hunting and killing your own wild meat ;)

Sometimes, while elk hunting with a knife in my mouth, I'll stop to karate chop down a tree and whittle a container so that I can harvest my own salt for curing the meat.:D

Maybe it's just me, but I thought everyone did that.

Sometimes, while elk hunting with a knife in my mouth, I'll stop to karate chop down a tree and whittle a container so that I can harvest my own salt for curing the meat.:D

Maybe it's just me, but I thought everyone did that.

@Bonkin- That was awesome!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom