all posts post new thread

Barbell Stronger Off Chest, Weaker Lockout

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Your weak point in a movement isn't where the bar stop moving. It is a couple of inches below where it stop moving. That means, you need to place the bar in the rack a couple of inches below where you stall.

Car Analogy

When you run out of gas, the car will keep rolling. When the car stop isn't where you ran out of gas.

Great point.

+1 to Kenny's suggestion of Mark Bell's Slingshot.

I am going to throw this one out there because it has worked for me and may work for you: push presses. I realize it's a different movement, but for some reason putting heavy stuff overhead has increased my bench without really training bench. Since you're doing 5/3/1, push presses fit in well on overhead press day. When you get to the PR set, once you can no longer strict press overhead, do a few more reps using the push press. Same with the "joker" sets - add weight and do push presses.

I am going to throw this one out there because it has worked for me and may work for you: push presses. I realize it's a different movement, but for some reason putting heavy stuff overhead has increased my bench without really training bench.

Push Press For Bench Press

Agreed. This is a great Auxiliary Bench Press Exercise.

Essentially it is an "Accentuated Eccentric Movement" (SupraMax Exercise) that overload the shoulder, triceps, traps, etc.

When you get to the PR set, once you can no longer strict press overhead, do a few more reps using the push press.

The Push Press is a great way to overload an overhead press, once you exhaust the movement.

Kenny Croxdale

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom